Koteswara Rao Putta
Background and activities
Hi, I am Koteswara Rao Putta working on renewable energy technologies. I did my PhD in Carbon Capture Technology development at NTNU with Porf. Hallvard Svendsen and Prof. Hanna Knuutila.
After my PhD, i worked for National Energy Technology Laboratory (NETL/DOE-USA), Pittsburgh on Carbon Capture Simulation for Industry Impact (CCSI2) on the development of process models for 2nd generation solvents for CO2 capture.
Last year, i moved back to NTNU to work on NFR- ENERGIX funded project BIO-FT: Innovative biomass to Fischer Tropsch synthesis.
My competencies are:
1. SynGas Technology: Natural gas steam reforming, Auto-thermal reforming for synthesis gas generation, syngas to Hydrogen, Methanol and Ammonia conversion technologies, Hydrogen production from Natural gas pyrolysis
2. Renewable Energy Technologies: Biomass gasification, biosyngas to Methanol, Biomass/biogas to aviation Fuels and gasoline conceptual process design, development and optimization
3. CO2 capture technologies: Process design, development of rate-based models for technology validation and scale-up using lab-,bench- and pilot-scale experimental data, revamping of existing CO2 capture processes and Technology feasibility studies
4. Renewable Energy Integration: Integration studies in to chemical process industry, production of renewable hydrogen using electrolysis, sustainable ammonia synthesis using wind energy
5. Proposals: Technical project proposals development for bidding and research project proposal preparation for funding
Tools: Matlab, Aspen Plus and Hysys, Unisim Design
Open for collaborations in Carbon capture, Renewable energy technologies integration and Innovative conceptual process designs.
Please feel free to contact me at email@example.com
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2017) Kinetics of CO2 Absorption in to Aqueous MEA Solutions Near Equilibrium. Energy Procedia. vol. 114.
- (2017) Study of the effect of condensation and evaporation of water on heat and mass transfer in CO2 absorption column. Chemical Engineering Science. vol. 172.
- (2017) Applicability of enhancement factor models for CO2 absorption into aqueous MEA solutions. Applied Energy. vol. 206.
- (2016) CO2 absorption into loaded aqueous MEA solutions: Kinetics assessment using penetration theory. International Journal of Greenhouse Gas Control. vol. 53.
- (2014) Activity based kinetics and mass transfer of CO2 absorption into MEA using penetration theory. Energy Procedia. vol. 63.