Background and activities
I am a PhD Candidate in the research group FACET.
In my work, I am trying to understand the nucleation and growth mechanisms during aqueous chemical solution deposition of piezoelectric BaTiO3-based thin films. In order to predict and tailor the properties of the thin films for specific applications, it is crucial to understand what is happening in the film during fabrication. To observe this experimentally, we are developing methods for in situ XRD and in situ Infrared spectroscopy characterization of oxide thin films.
This project is part of the Toppforsk project “From Aqueous Solutions to oxide Thin films and hierarchical Structures” (FASTS)
Supervisor: Mari-Ann Einarsrud
I have a Master’s Degree in Material Science and Engineering with a specialization in Materials for Energy Technology, from NTNU. My Master’s Thesis was titled: “Sintering of lead-free piezoelectric materials” (2015), where I investigated the effect the atmosphere during sintering had on the properties of KNN-based (K0.5Na0.5NbO3-based) materials. Especially, if a reducing atmosphere would be beneficial for the properties of the sintered material.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database
- (2018) In situ annealing setup for crystallization studies of thin films. NorScatt Annual Meeting 2018 . NorScatt; Oslo. 2018-05-22 - 2018-05-22.
- (2018) Enhanced in-plane ferroelectricity in BaTiO3 thin films fabricated by aqueous chemical solution deposition. AIP Advances. vol. 8 (10).
- (2018) In-plane Ferroelectricity in highly textured BaTiO3 thin films. MSE Congress . DGM; Darmstadt. 2018-09-26 - 2018-09-28.
- (2017) Nucleation and growth mechanisms during aqueous chemical solution deposition of oxide thin films. 9th Kyoto International Forum for Environment and Energy (9th KIFEE) ; Kyoto. 2017-03-07 - 2017-03-10.
- (2017) In-situ toolbox for studying nucleation and growth in oxide thin films and hierarchical structures prepared from aqueous solutions. The Nano@NTNU Symposium 2017 . Norwegian Micro and Nano Fabrication Facility-NTNU Nanolab; Trondheim. 2017-12-06 - 2017-12-07.
- (2017) In-situ toolbox for studying nucleation and growth in oxide thin films and hierarchical structures prepared from aqueous solutions. Nano@NTNU ; 2017-12-06 - 2017-12-07.
- (2017) News from the beamlines. ESRF Newsletter.
- (2016) Non-Contact Surface Metrology of Degraded Conductor Screens in XLPE Cables. Jicable'15 - 9th International Conference on Power Insulated Cables : proceedings.