Background and activities
Areas of Expertise and Specializations:
- Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning.
- Bio-Inspired Algorithms, Evolutionary Computation.
- Combinatorial Optimization, Multi-Objective Optimization.
- Deep Learning, Artificial Neural Networks.
- Stochastic Algorithms, Heuristics / Meta-Heuristics, Unsupervised Learning.
- Spring semester: IT3708 - Bio-Inspired Artificial Intelligence (From 2017) IT3708 - Sub-symbolic AI Methods
- Autumn semester: IT3105 - Artificial Intelligence Programming TDT76 - Deep Learning
For Potential Master Thesis Topics: See Department's List.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2017) A multi-objective evolutionary algorithm for color image segmentation. Lecture Notes in Computer Science. vol. 10682 LNAI.
- (2017) Multi-objective evolutionary optimization for autonomous intersection management. Lecture Notes in Computer Science. vol. 10593 LNCS.
- (2014) Integrated job shop scheduling and layout planning: a hybrid evolutionary method for optimizing multiple objectives. Evolving Systems. vol. 5 (2).
- (2013) Adaptive variable neighborhood search for solving multi-objective facility layout problems with unequal area facilities. Swarm and Evolutionary Computation. vol. 8.
- (2012) A neutral evolutionary path-planner. Proceedings of International Symposium on Artificial Life and Robotics.
- (2011) Dynamic facility layout problem under uncertainty: A Pareto-optimality based multi-objective evolutionary approach. Central European Journal of Computer Science. vol. 1 (4).
- (2011) Genetic algorithm using a modified backward pass heuristic for the dynamic facility layout problem. Paladyn - Journal of Behavioral Robotics. vol. 2 (3).
- (2011) Improved precedence preservation crossover (IPPX) for multi-objective job shop scheduling Problem. Evolving Systems. vol. 2 (2).
- (2010) A Genetic Algorithm to Find Pareto-optimal Solutions for the Dynamic Facility Layout Problem with Multiple Objectives. Lecture Notes in Computer Science. vol. 6443.
- (2010) An Adaptive Local Search Based Genetic Algorithm for Solving Multi-objective Facility Layout Problem. Lecture Notes in Computer Science. vol. 6443.
- (2010) A Domain-Independent Data Cleaning Algorithm for Detecting Similar-Duplicates. Journal of Computers. vol. 5 (12).
Part of book/report
- (2017) Assessing the Impact of Self-Organizing Map on Genetic Fuzzy Set Hybrid Intelligent Systems for Financial Prediction. 2017 Symposium Series on Computational Intelligence Proceedings.
- (2017) A Multi-objective Evolutionary Algorithm for Color Image Segmentation. Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence.
- (2017) Optimizing Bio-Inspired Propulsion Systems Using Genetic Algorithm. 2017 IEEE Symposium Series on Computational Intelligence (SSCI) Proceedings.
- (2017) Bi-Level Multi-Objective Image Segmentation Using Texture-Based Color Features. International Conference of Computer and Information Technology (ICCIT).
- (2017) Multi-Objective Evolutionary Optimization for Autonomous Intersection Management. Lecture Notes in Computer Science.
- (2016) Assessing the Effect of Self-Assembly Ports in Evolutionary Swarm Robotics. 2016 IEEE International Conference on Evolvable Systems (ICES).
- (2016) Effects of Heuristics in Path Planning for Mobile Robots in Uncertain and Dynamic Environments. Proceedings of IEEE 19th International Conference on Computer and Information Technology.
- (2016) Stock Market Forecast Using Bio-Inspired Computing. 2016 International Conference on Control, Decision and Information Technologies (CoDIT).
- (2016) Real Time Traffic Intersection Management Using Multi-objective Evolutionary Algorithm. Theory and Practice of Natural Computing.