Lars Einar S. Stieng
Background and activities
Former education: Msc. in Physics (NTNU, 2013)
Current supervisor: Professor Michael Muskulus
Group: Marine civil engineering, Offshore wind turbine technology group
Project: Optimization of Offshore Wind Turbine Support Structures Under Uncertainties. A part of the Advancing BeYond Shallow WaterS (ABYSS) project.
Relevant subject areas:
- Offshore wind turbines
- Stochastic analysis
- Uncertainty and Sensitivity analysis
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2020) Reliability-based design optimization of offshore wind turbine support structures using analytical sensitivities and factorized uncertainty modeling. Wind Energy Science. vol. 5.
- (2019) Load case reducation for offshore wind turbine support structure fatigue assessment by importance sampling with two-stage filtering. Wind Energy. vol. 22 (11).
- (2018) On gradient-based optimization of jacket structures for offshore wind turbines. Wind Energy. vol. 21 (11).
- (2018) Reducing the number of load cases for fatigue damage assessment of offshore wind turbine support structures using a simple severity-based sampling method. Wind Energy Science. vol. 3.
- (2017) Analytical sensitivities for statistically extrapolated extreme load constraints in structural optimization. Structural And Multidisciplinary Optimization. vol. 56 (6).
- (2015) Relative assessment of fatigue loads for offshore wind turbine support structures. Energy Procedia. vol. 80.
Part of book/report
- (2018) Modeling Uncertainty in Extrapolated Extreme Loads for Offshore Wind Turbine Support Structures. The Proceedings of The Twenty-eighth (2018) International OCEAN AND POLAR ENGINEERING CONFERENCE, ISOPE 2018.
- (2018) Sampling Methods For Simplified Offshore Wind Turbine Support Structures Load Case Assessment. The Proceedings of The Twenty-eighth (2018) International OCEAN AND POLAR ENGINEERING CONFERENCE, ISOPE 2018.
- (2017) Analytical Sensitivities For Extreme Load Constraints With Load Extrapolation For Reliability-Based Optimization. Proceedings of the 12th International Conference on Structural Safety and Reliability (ICOSSAR2017), Vienna, Austria.
- (2020) Optimal design of offshore wind turbine support structures under uncertainty. Towards framework for practical reliability-based design optimization. 2020. ISBN 978-82-326-4420-9. Doktoravhandlinger ved NTNU (33).