Lars Erik Holmedal
Background and activities
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2021) Sediment Transport in Combined Wave–Current Seabed Boundary Layers due to Streaming. Journal of Hydraulic Engineering. vol. 147 (4).
- (2021) From Teaching as Transmission to Constructive Alignment: A Case Study of Learning Design. Nordic Journal of STEM Education. vol. 4 (2).
- (2021) Revisiting statistical properties of surf parameter with characteristic wave parameters for single random waves including spectral bandwidth effects. Journal of Engineering for the Maritime Environment (Part M).
- (2021) A numerical study of separation and stagnation points for steady and unsteady flow over an elliptic cylinder near a moving wall. Physics of Fluids. vol. 33 (8).
- (2021) Three-dimensional wake transition behind an elliptic cylinder near a moving wall. Physics of Fluids. vol. 33 (4).
- (2020) Near-wall effect on flow around an elliptic cylinder translating above a plane wall. Physics of Fluids. vol. 32 (9).
- (2020) Flow patterns in a steady lid-driven rectangular cavity with an embedded circular cylinder. Fluid Dynamics Research. vol. 52 (6).
- (2020) Vortex dynamics and flow patterns in a two-dimensional oscillatory lid-driven rectangular cavity. European journal of mechanics. B, Fluids. vol. 79.
- (2019) Addendum to "Stokes transport in layers in the water column based on long-term wind statistics": assessment using long-term wave statistics. Oceanologia. vol. 61 (4).
- (2019) Effects of an inserted circular cylinder on a steady lid-driven rectangular cavity flow. IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering. vol. 700.
- (2018) Stokes transport in layers in the water column based on long-term wind statistics. Oceanologia. vol. 60 (3).
- (2017) Fluid flow in steady and oscillatory lid-driven square cavities. IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering. vol. 276 (1).
- (2017) Fluid flow in steady and oscillatory lid-driven square cavities. IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering. vol. 276.
- (2016) Effects of water depth and spectral bandwidth on Stokes drift estimation based on short-term variation of wave conditions. Coastal Engineering. vol. 114.
- (2016) Analysis of Observed Streaming in Field Measurements. Journal of waterway, port, coastal, and ocean engineering. vol. 142 (3).
- (2015) Three-dimensional streaming in the seabed boundary layer beneath propagating waves with an angle of attack on the current. Journal of Geophysical Research (JGR): Oceans. vol. 120 (6).
- (2015) Combined tidal and wind driven flows and residual currents. Ocean Modelling. vol. 89.
- (2015) Suspended sediments due to random waves including effects of second order wave asymmetry and boundary layer streaming. Ocean Engineering. vol. 104.
- (2014) Wave-induced current for long-crested and short-crested random waves. Ocean Engineering. vol. 81.
- (2014) A rational approach to seepage flow effects on bottom friction beneath random waves. Applied Ocean Research. vol. 47.