Leif Erik Andersson
Background and activities
Postdoc project: Wind farm control.
Postdoc Project Objective: The project is partly founded by OPWIND. The goal is the development of control algorithms for coordinated control of wind turbines in a wind farm. My main focus is on modifier adaptation using Gaussian processes to correct for plant-model mismatch. The method improves the wind farm model and helps to converge to the optimal operation point.
Phd project: Iceberg drift estimation and forecast.
Main Supervisor: Lars Imsland
Co-supervisor: Francesco Scibilia, Sveinung Løset, Tor Arne Johansen
PhD Project Objective: Operational iceberg drift prediction algorithms have available only limited information. It is therefore paramount to make an optimum use of measurements available together with suitable mathematical models. My goal is to investigate possible improved drift estimations and predictions by using optimization algorithms and techniques from control theory.
Background: I have a Bachelor of Science in mechanical engineering and a Master of Science in chemical/process engineering from the RWTH Aachen.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database
- (2019) On Kalman filtering with linear state equality constraints. Automatica. vol. 101.
- (2019) An iceberg forecast approach based on a statistical ocean current model. Cold Regions Science and Technology. vol. 158.
- (2019) Data driven filtering of bowel sounds using multivariate empirical mode decomposition. Biomedical engineering online. vol. 18 (28).
- (2018) Analysis of Iceberg Drift Trajectories Using the Multivariate Empirical Mode Decomposition. ISOPE - International Offshore and Polar Engineering Conference. Proceedings. vol. 2018-June.
- (2018) Comparison of statistical iceberg forecast models. Cold Regions Science and Technology. vol. 155.
- (2017) Constrained Posterior Cramér-Rao Bound for Discrete-Time Systems. IFAC-PapersOnLine. vol. 50 (1).
- (2016) An estimation-forecast set-up for iceberg drift prediction. Cold Regions Science and Technology. vol. 131.
Part of book/report
- (2017) Forecasting using multivariate empirical mode decomposition — Applied to iceberg drift forecast. 2017 IEEE Conference on Control Technology and Applications (CCTA).
- (2017) A study on an iceberg drift trajectory. ASME 2017 36th International Conference on Ocean, Offshore and Arctic Engineering - Volume 8: Polar and Arctic Sciences and Technology; Petroleum Technology, Trondheim, Norway, June 25–30, 2017.
- (2017) The Moving Horizon Estimator Used in Iceberg Drift Estimation and Forecast. Control Conference (ECC), 2016 European.
- (2016) An Iceberg Drift Prediction Study Offshore Newfoundland. Arctic Technology Conference 2016 (Proceedings).
- (2016) Estimation of systems with oscillating inputs - applied to iceberg drift forecast. 2016 IEEE Conference on Control Applications (CCA).
- (2019) A survey on wind farm control and the OPWIND way forward. EERA DeepWind'2019 ; Trondheim. 2019-01-16 - 2019-01-18.
- (2019) Real-time optimization of wind farms using modifier adaptation and machine learning. Wind Energy Science conference 2019 ; Cork. 2019-06-17 - 2019-06-20.