Lone Sunniva Jevne
Background and activities
Discipline / work area
I'm a marine biolotist, and study dispersal mechanisms, density and abundance of salmon lice (Lepeophtheirus salmonis) and Caligus elongatus. It is in the planktonic life stages salmon lice spreads, sometimes multiple kilometers, even toe it is only the size of a punctuation mark. I'm in my last part of my phd, and am wokring with publishing results from the experiments I've been a part of. These include experiments about the seasonal changes of lice larvae densities, how lice larvae densities are affected by fallowing of and area, and how salmon lice numbers have varied the last years for the designated area Frøya North.
My main expertise in in the field of marine biology and aquaculture, and I have acquired competence in statistics, data management and coding in R.
I have a background from marine biology, with a bachelor and a master from NTNU. I have the privileges of working in a team with both professors, engineers and other PhD candidate. If you want to read more about how I got here (and can read Norwegian) you can follow this link https://www.ntnu.no/bridge/bridge-historier/taskforce-lakselus.
My PhD thesis is a part of Task force Salmon lice, and my primary field of study is internal infection in and from salmon farms. Task force Salmon lice is a cooperation between NTNU and the parties in the salmon industry in Mid Norway, with collaboration to multiple research institutes. If you want to know more about our project you can read about it here at NTNUs webpage https://www.ntnu.edu/oceans/taskforce, or you can find us on facebook (https://www.facebook.com/groups/550640252103498/).
Photo by Julie Gloppe Solem
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database
- (2019) How are the salmon lice (Lepeophtheirus salmonis Krøyer, 1837) in Atlantic salmon farming affected by different control efforts: A case study of an intensive production area with coordinated production cycles and changing delousing practices in 2013–2018. Journal of Fish Diseases.
- (2018) Gjennom brohode, sommerjobb på oppdrettsanlegg og bedriftssamarbeid på master dannet Lone grunnlaget for en phd-stilling ved ntnu. Her er hun med på taskforce lakselus, et stort samarbeidsprosjekt mellom lakseoppdrettsnæringen, NTNU, FHF og andre konsulentfirmaer. NTNU Bridge [Internett]. 2018-10-01.
- (2018) PhD topic; salmon lice. Ocean Week . NTNU & SINTEF; Trondheim. 2018-05-07 - 2018-06-09.
- (2017) Vil unngå luseproblemer ved å kartlegge lakselusens sesongutvikling. Kyst.no [Internett]. 2017-06-01.
- (2017) På lag mot lakselusa. Frøya Nyheter [Internett]. 2017-04-06.