Background and activities
Adjunct associate professor within the Thermal Energy Research Group, at the department of Energy and Process Engineering. My research focuses on: hybrid systems for efficient energy supply, analysis of complex energy systems, design and performance prediction of advanced gas turbine engines and combined cycles, gas separation technologies for CO2 capture and hydrogen production.
Expertise and research interests
- Process modeling and simulation
- Power cycles and turbomachinery
- Design and optimization of energy systems
- CO2 Capture
- Gas separation technologies
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2021) The Impact of Process Heat on the Decarbonisation Potential of Offshore Installations by Hybrid Energy Systems. Energies. vol. 14 (23).
- (2021) How much can novel solid sorbents reduce the cost of post-combustion CO2 capture? A techno-economic investigation on the cost limits of pressure–vacuum swing adsorption. Applied Energy. vol. 306 (Part A).
- (2020) Innovative Hybrid Energy System for stable Power and Heat Supply in offshore oil & gas Installation (HES-OFF): System Design and Grid Stability. Computer-aided chemical engineering. vol. 48.
- (2020) Optimal Design of a Hybrid Energy System for the Supply of Clean and Stable Energy to Offshore Installations. Frontiers in Energy Research. vol. 8.
- (2020) Techno-economic Assessment of Optimised Vacuum Swing Adsorption for Post-Combustion CO2 capture from Steam-Methane Reformer Flue Gas. Separation and Purification Technology. vol. 256.
- (2019) Understanding the Cost of Retrofitting CO2 Capture to an Integrated Oil Refinery. SSRN Electronic Journal.
- (2019) An Integrated Assessment of the Environmental and Economic Impact of Offshore Oil Platform Electrification. Energies. vol. 12 (11).
- (2018) Gas turbine exhaust gas heat recovery by organic Rankine cycles (ORC) for offshore combined heat and power applications - Energy and exergy analysis. Energy. vol. 165 (Part B).
- (2018) Offshore Power Plants Integrating a Wind Farm: Design Optimisation and Techno-Economic Assessment Based on Surrogate Modelling. Processes. vol. 6 (12).
- (2017) Combined heat and power plant on offshore oil and gas installations. Journal of Power Technologies. vol. 97 (2).
- (2017) Dynamic modeling and simulation of an offshore combined heat and power (CHP) plant. Linköping Electronic Conference Proceedings.
- (2017) Flexible Operation of an IGCC Plant Coproducing Power and H2 with CO2 Capture through Novel PSA-based Process Configurations. Energy Procedia. vol. 114.
- (2017) Overview on Pressure Swing Adsorption (PSA) as CO2 Capture Technology: State-of-the-Art, Limits and Potentials. Energy Procedia. vol. 114.
- (2017) Effective Concepts for Supplying Energy to a Large Offshore Oil and Gas Area under Different Future Scenarios. Chemical Engineering Transactions. vol. 61.
- (2017) Concepts for lifetime efficient supply of power and heat to offshore installations in the North Sea. Energy Conversion and Management. vol. 148.
- (2017) Lifetime Assessment of Combined Cycles for Cogeneration of Power and Heat in Offshore Oil and Gas Installations. Energies. vol. 10 (6).
- (2017) Numerical modelling and simulation of hydrogen production via four different chemical reforming processes: Process performance and energy requirements. Canadian Journal of Chemical Engineering. vol. 95 (5).
- (2016) Determining the Potentials of PSA Processes for CO2 Capture in Integrated Gasification Combined Cycle (IGCC). Energy Procedia. vol. 86.
- (2016) Pressure swing adsorption for coproduction of power and ultrapure H2 in an IGCC plant with CO2 capture. International Journal of Hydrogen Energy. vol. 41 (25).
- (2015) Comprehensive analysis on the performance of an IGCC plant with a PSA process integrated for CO2 capture. International Journal of Greenhouse Gas Control. vol. 43.