Background and activities
Postdoctoral fellow within the Thermal Energy Research Group, at the department of Energy and Process Engineering. My research focuses on: efficient energy supply of offshore facilities to decrease the associated CO2 emissions; analysis of complex energy systems; design and performance prediction of advanced gas turbine engines and combined cycles; gas separation technologies for CO2 capture and hydrogen production.
Expertise and research interests
- Process modeling and simulation
- Power cycles and turbomachinery
- Design and optimization of energy systems
- CO2 Capture
- Gas separation technologies
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2019) Understanding the Cost of Retrofitting CO2 Capture to an Integrated Oil Refinery. SSRN.
- (2019) An Integrated Assessment of the Environmental and Economic Impact of Offshore Oil Platform Electrification. Energies. vol. 12.
- (2018) Gas turbine exhaust gas heat recovery by organic Rankine cycles (ORC) for offshore combined heat and power applications - Energy and exergy analysis. Energy. vol. 165 (Part B).
- (2018) Offshore Power Plants Integrating a Wind Farm: Design Optimisation and Techno-Economic Assessment Based on Surrogate Modelling. Processes. vol. 6 (12).
- (2017) Combined heat and power plant on offshore oil and gas installations. Journal of Power Technologies. vol. 97 (2).
- (2017) Dynamic modeling and simulation of an offshore combined heat and power (CHP) plant. Linköping Electronic Conference Proceedings.
- (2017) Flexible Operation of an IGCC Plant Coproducing Power and H2 with CO2 Capture through Novel PSA-based Process Configurations. Energy Procedia. vol. 114.
- (2017) Overview on Pressure Swing Adsorption (PSA) as CO2 Capture Technology: State-of-the-Art, Limits and Potentials. Energy Procedia. vol. 114.
- (2017) Effective Concepts for Supplying Energy to a Large Offshore Oil and Gas Area under Different Future Scenarios. Chemical Engineering Transactions. vol. 61.
- (2017) Concepts for lifetime efficient supply of power and heat to offshore installations in the North Sea. Energy Conversion and Management. vol. 148.
- (2017) Lifetime Assessment of Combined Cycles for Cogeneration of Power and Heat in Offshore Oil and Gas Installations. Energies. vol. 10 (6).
- (2017) Numerical modelling and simulation of hydrogen production via four different chemical reforming processes: Process performance and energy requirements. Canadian Journal of Chemical Engineering. vol. 95 (5).
- (2016) Determining the Potentials of PSA Processes for CO2 Capture in Integrated Gasification Combined Cycle (IGCC). Energy Procedia. vol. 86.
- (2016) Pressure swing adsorption for coproduction of power and ultrapure H2 in an IGCC plant with CO2 capture. International journal of hydrogen energy. vol. 41 (25).
- (2015) Comprehensive analysis on the performance of an IGCC plant with a PSA process integrated for CO2 capture. International Journal of Greenhouse Gas Control. vol. 43.
- (2015) Evaluating Pressure Swing Adsorption as a CO2 separation technique in coal-fired power plants. International Journal of Greenhouse Gas Control. vol. 39.
- (2014) A CO2 Capture Technology Using Multi-walled Carbon Nanotubes with Polyaspartamide Surfactant. Energy Procedia. vol. 63.
- (2014) Full-plant analysis of a PSA CO2 capture unit integrated in coalfired power plants: post- and pre-combustion scenarios. Energy Procedia. vol. 63.
Part of book/report
- (2018) Optimal Design of Flexible Power Cycles through Kriging-based Surrogate Models. ASME Turbo Expo 2018: Turbomachinery Technical Conference and Exposition. Volume 3: Coal, Biomass, and Alternative Fuels; Cycle Innovations; Electric Power; Industrial and Cogeneration; Organic Rankine Cycle Power Systems.
- (2019) HES-OFF H1: Case study definition and benchmarking. Norges teknisk-naturvitenskapelige universitet. 2019.