Background and activities
Research on socio-metabolic analysis for climate change mitigation via stock dynamics in services. Teaching assistant in the courses TEP4285 and TEP4290.
Area of Work
- PhD Candidate under Daniel B. Müller in the programme of Industrial Ecology with focus on socio-metabolic analsysis for climate change mitigation in services via stock dynamics.
- Teaching assisstant in the courses: Material Flow Analysis - MFA- (TEP4285) and Modelling of Built Environment Systems (TEP4290).
- Co-supervisor of Industrial Ecology Master Student under Daniel B. Müller.
Skills and Expertise
- Stationary, quasi-stationary and dynamic material flow analysis and stocks modelling.
- Competency in life cycle assessment (LCA) and environmental extended input-output analysis (EEIO).
- Environmental impact assessment and management in construction projects.
- MATLAB and STAN Software. Montecarlo simulation.
- MSc. in Industrial Ecology at NTNU. Thesis topic: Life cycle assessment of fuel cell vehicles.
- Business Management Specialist (Universidad Libre de Colombia).
- BSc. in Environmetal Engineering (Universidad Libre de Colombia). Thesis area: Municipal solid waste management.
- Summer intern at Statoil (years 2012 and 2013). Life cycle assessment and environmental risk assessment on terrestiral and acuatic environments.
- Public servant as environmental engineer and auditor in the General Comptroller Office of Colombia (2 years).
- Diverse positions as environmental advisor and environmental specialist in construction projects in the private sector in Colombia (3 years).
- Sustainable urban planning.
- Sustainability issues in the developing world.
- Bass player and drummer.
- Painting and architecture.
- Cosmology and astrophyisics.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database
- (2016) Dynamic type-cohort-time approach for the analysis of energy reductions strategies in the building stock. Energy and Buildings. vol. 111.
- (2015) Energy reduction strategies in the EU building sector. Sustainability Engineering Seminar ; Arizona State University. 2015-02-24.
- (2015) Dynamic Type-Cohort-Time (TCT) approach for the analysis of energy reductions strategies in the building stock. 8th Biennial Conference of the International Society for Industrial Ecology . University of Surrey; Guildford. 2015-07-07 - 2015-07-10.
- (2014) Dwelling stock dynamics for energy demand reduction and climate change mitigation: A Dynamic Type-Cohort-Time (TCT) Approach. Joint 11th International Society for Industrial Ecology (ISIE) Socio-Economic Metabolism section conference and the 4th ISIE Asia-Pacific conference ; Melbourne. 2014-11-17 - 2014-11-19.
- (2014) Industrial Ecology, Sociometabolism & Sustainable Urban Planning. Bærekraftuka . Faculty of Architecture and Fine Arts NTNU; NTNU. 2014-10-27 - 2014-10-31.