Background and activities
I work with high-throughput sequencing (exome sequencing) to identify unknown genetic causes of familial colorectal cancer.
Genetics has always fascinated me and the way different traits are inherited through generations is very exciting to me. As much as 20-25% of all colorectal cancer cases seem to have familial predispositions of cancer developments, but the genetic causes for these predispositions are largely unknown. Only approximately 5% of all colorectal cancers are due to known inherited mutations. I hope that my doctoral work can contribute to identifying genetic cause of cancer development in a larger part of these colorectal cancer cases and thereby improving the follow-up and treatment of this group of patients.
- 2013-dd: NTNU, The faculty of Medicine, Department of Laboratory Medicine, Children’s and Women’s Health. Phd Candidate
- 2010-2012: St. Olavs Hospital, Department of Pathology and Medical Genetics. Moleculargeneticist
- 2008-2009: SINTEF Materials and Chemistry, Department of Biotechnology. Master of Science
- 2008-2008: Statoil Rotvoll Research center. Biotechnology laboratory, Research assistant
- 2006-2008: St. Olavs Hospital, Department of Medical Microbiology. Bioengineer
- 2006-2008: NTNU, The Faculty of Medicine, Master in Molecular Medicine
- 2003-2006: Sør-Trøndelag University College, HiST, Bachelor in Medical Laboratory Technology
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2017) Use of multigene-panel identifies pathogenic variants in several CRC-predisposing genes in patients previously tested for Lynch Syndrome. Clinical Genetics. vol. 92 (4).
- (2015) A novel POLE mutation associated with cancers of colon, pancreas, ovaries and small intestine. Familial Cancer. vol. 14 (3).
- (2015) A novel POLE variant, identified by exome sequencing, causes colorectal- and extra-colonic cancers. Familial Cancer. vol. 14 (1).
- (2014) A massive parallel sequencing workflow for diagnostic genetic testing of mismatch repair genes. Molecular Genetics & Genomic Medicine.