Background and activities
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2020) How can we inspire nations of learners? Investigating growth mindset and challenge-seeking in two countries. American Psychologist.
- (2019) Job displacement and crime: Evidence from Norwegian register data. Labour Economics. vol. 61.
- (2018) The Intergenerational Transfer of the Employment Gender Gap. Labour Economics. vol. 52.
- (2018) Increasing perseverance in math: Evidence from a field experiment in Norway. Journal of Economic Behavior and Organization. vol. 146.
- (2018) Variation in Center Quality in a Universal Publicly Subsidized and Regulated Childcare System. Labour Economics. vol. 55.
- (2017) The effect of less autonomy on performance in retail: Evidence from a quasi-natural field experiment. Journal of Economic Behavior and Organization. vol. 136.
- (2017) Study Protocol: “Two Teachers” A randomized controlled trial investigating individual and complementary effects of teacher-student ratio in literacy instruction and professional development for teachers. International Journal of Educational Research. vol. 86.
- (2015) Father Presence and the Intergenerational Transmission of Educational Attainment. The Journal of human resources.
- (2015) We Are Family: Fathers’ Time with Children and the Risk of Parental Relationship Dissolution. Social Forces. vol. 94 (2).
- (2014) Home with mom: The effects of stay-at-home parents on children's long-run educational outcomes. Journal of Labor Economics. vol. 32 (3).
- (2013) Kvinner og arbeid. Samfunnsøkonomen.
- (2013) Trapped at home: The effect of mothers' temporary labor market exits on their subsequent work career. Labour Economics. vol. 24.
- (2013) The impact of paternity leave on fathers' future earnings. Demography. vol. 50 (6).
- (2012) Social Interaction Effects in Disability Pension Participation: Evidence from Plant Downsizing. The Scandinavian Journal of Economics. vol. 114 (4).
- (2011) Misery loves company: Social regret and social interaction effects in choices under risk and uncertainty. Games and Economic Behavior. vol. 73 (1).
- (2011) Divorced Fathers' Proximity and Children's Long-Run Outcomes: Evidence From Norwegian Registry Data. Demography. vol. 48 (3).
- (2011) Parental Job Loss and Children's School Performance. Review of Economic Studies. vol. 78 (4).
- (2009) Jo rikere, jo bedre? betydningen for familieinntekt for barns utvikling. Søkelys på arbeidslivet. vol. 26 (3).
- (2009) Tidlig læring og sosial mobilitet: Norske barns muligheter til å lykkes i utdanningsløpet og arbeidslivet. Samfunnsøkonomen.
- (2009) THE EFFECT OF PLANT DOWNSIZING ON DISABILITY PENSION UTILIZATION. Journal of the European Economic Association. vol. 7 (4).