Background and activities
I am educated as a physicist (masters degree) and I have a PhD in medical technology.
I have worked several years (~ 8 years) with cancer research. My main research interests the last years have been using Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy (MRS) for assessment of tumor response and identification of predictive biomarkers from novel anticancer agents. I am mainly working with preclinical models (animal models/rodents, organoids, and cell cultures) and using both 1H, 13C and 31P NMR. I am also using complementary methodologies such as histology, and gene and protein expression analysis.
I have also worked 3-4 years as a medical physicist, working with MR and nuclear medicine/PET. The work included development and implementation of quality control systems for clinical MR, gamma cameras/SPECT and PET scanners. It also included improvements of clinical sequences, identification of artefacts in medical images, teaching and more. The work has given me experience in image analysis and DICOM images.
Both as a researcher and medical physicist I have analyzed metabolomics data and image/DICOM data using MATLAB. I’m very interested in and I have experience in development of own MATLAB scripts.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2019) Biomarker discovery using NMR based metabolomics of tissue. Methods in molecular biology. vol. 2037.
- (2019) Glutamine to proline conversion is associated with response to glutaminase inhibition in breast cancer. Breast Cancer Research. vol. 21 (1).
- (2018) NMR-Based Prostate Cancer Metabolomics. Methods in molecular biology. vol. 1786.
- (2017) Ionizing radiation abrogates the pro-tumorigenic capacity of cancer-Associated fibroblasts co-implanted in xenografts. Scientific Reports. vol. 7.
- (2017) Ionizing radiation abrogates pro-tumorigenic effects from cancer-associated fibroblasts in xenografts. Cancer Research. vol. 77 (13).
- (2014) Interplay of choline metabolites and genes in patient-derived breast cancer xenografts. Breast Cancer Research. vol. 16 (1).
- (2011) 13C High-resolution-magic angle spinning MRS reveals differences in glucose metabolism between two breast cancer xenograft models with different gene expression patterns. NMR in Biomedicine. vol. 24 (10).
- (2010) Multivariate modeling and prediction of breast cancer prognostic factors using MR metabolomics. Journal of Proteome Research. vol. 9 (2).
- (2012) Characterization of breast cancer using MR metabolomics and gene expression analysis. 2012. ISBN 978-82-471-3878-6.