Background and activities
Manager HUNT biobank and acting Manager at HUNT Research Centre 2020.
PhD in Community Medicine, with main focus related to environment and genetic aspects of overweight and obesity in families participated in the HUNT study.
Background - education and resume
PhD in Community Medicine - 2019 (NTNU)
Leadership Developement for Administrative Leaders - 2012 (NTNU)
Master of Public Health (MPH) - 2011 (University of Tromsø)
Health management - 2005 (BI)
Veiledningspedagogikk (Educational guidance) - 2000 (HiNT)
Bachelor of Biomedical laboratory scientist - 1986 (HiST)
Acting Manager HUNT biobank - 1.July-2013 - 1.July 2014
Deputy Leader, HUNT research center, started 1.July 2012
Laboratory Leader, HUNT biobank, started August 2006
Head of Section, 2005-06, St Olavs Hospital HF, Division of Service and Operations
Bioengineer 1, Medical biochemistry (adminiatration) 2001 - 05, St Olavs Hospital HF
Part-time teacher at Three year undergraduate programme in medical laboratory technology, HiST (2003-05)
Biomedical laboratory scientist, medical biochemistry (laboratory) 1987-2001, St Olavs Hospital HF
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2019) Vitamin B6 catabolism and lung cancer risk: Results from the Lung Cancer Cohort Consortium (LC3). Annals of Oncology. vol. 30 (3).
- (2018) Implications of parental lifestyle changes and education level on adolescent offspring weight: a population based cohort study - The HUNT Study, Norway. BMJ Open. vol. 8 (8).
- (2018) Associations between parental polygenic obesity risk and offspring`s weight at birth, early and late adolescence - The HUNT Study, Norway. Norsk Epidemiologi, Supplement. vol. 28.
- (2018) Impaired functional vitamin B6 status is associated with increased risk of lung cancer. International Journal of Cancer. vol. 142 (12).
- (2017) Circulating concentrations of biomarkers and metabolites related to Vitamin status, one-carbon and the kynurenine pathways in US, Nordic, Asian, and Australian populations. American Journal of Clinical Nutrition. vol. 105 (6).
- (2017) Influence of Storage and inter- and intra-Assay Variability on the Measurement of Inflammatory Biomarkers in Population-Based Biobanking. Biopreservation and Biobanking. vol. 15 (6).
- (2016) Intergenerational transmission of overweight and obesity from parents to their adolescent offspring - The HUNT study. PLOS ONE. vol. 11 (11).
- (2015) Intergenerational transmission of overweight and obesity from parents to their adolescent offspring - a HUNT Study. Norsk Epidemiologi, Supplement. vol. 25.
- (2015) Ovulation prevalence in women with spontaneous normal-length menstrual cycles - A population-based cohort from HUNT3, Norway. PLOS ONE. vol. 10 (8).
- (2019) Intergenerational transmission of overweight and obesity in HUNT families - The Nord-Trøndelag Health Study. 2019. ISBN 978-82-326-3780-5.
- (2012) Ovulation frequency in women of childbearing age attending a population based health survey : the relationship between self-reported cycles and measured serum progesterone levels in The North-Trøndelag health study, The HUNT3-Survey 2006-2008. 2012.