Marit Sæbø IndredavikProfessor Regional Centre for Child and Youth Mental Health and Child Welfare Department of Mental Health Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences
Background and activities
Cand.med. (MD), 1976, University of Oslo
Specialist in child and adolescent psychiatry, 1986 (child and adolescent psychiatrist)
Head of Department BUP clinic, St. Olav’s hospital 1992 – 1999
Fields of interest:
Mental health in low birth-weight children.
- Clinical long-term follow-up and imaging of the brain http://www.ntnu.edu/lbk/longtermfollowup
- Mental health in young adults with low birth weight
- Prevalence of emotional and behavioural problems in adolescents
- Psychiatric symptoms and their association with biological factors in adolescence
- The health survey in Dept of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, St. Olavs Hospital, Trondheim University Hospital
Medical degree programme in child and adolescent psychiatry
Master’s studies at RBUP
Regional further education for doctors at the BUP clinic (doctors taking specialist training in child and adolescent psychiatry)
Teaches and/or answers external enquiries about mental health in low birth-weight children; e.g. for user organisations, the media, etc.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2017) Peak bone mass and bone microarchitecture in adults born with low birth weight preterm or at term: A cohort study. Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism.
- (2017) A longitudinal study of associations between psychiatric symptoms and disorders and cerebral gray matter volumes in adolescents born very preterm. BMC Pediatrics. vol. 17:45.
- (2017) Psychiatric Disorders and General Functioning in Low Birthweight Adults: A Longitudinal Study. Pediatrics. vol. 139 (2).
- (2017) Self-reported mental health problems among adults born preterm: A meta-analysis. Pediatrics. vol. 139:e201162690 (4).
- (2016) Increased frontal electroencephalogram theta amplitude in patients with anorexia nervosa compared to healthy controls. Neuropsychiatric Disease and Treatment. vol. 12.
- (2016) Long-term follow-up of mental health, health-related quality of life and associations with motor skills in young adults born preterm with very low birth weight. Health and Quality of Life Outcomes. vol. 14:56.
- (2016) Self-reported chronic pain in young adults with low birth weight. Clin J Pain. 2016 Aug 11. [Epub ahead of print] PMID: 27518485. The Clinical Journal of Pain.
- (2016) Mental health and cerebellar volume during adolescence in very-low-birth-weight infants: A longitudinal study. Child and Adolescent Psychiatry and Mental Health. vol. 10 (1).
- (2016) Long-term Healthcare Outcomes of Preterm Birth: An Executive Summary of a Conference Sponsored by the National Institutes of Health. Journal of Pediatrics.
- (2016) Cortical trajectories during adolescence in preterm born teenagers with very low birthweight. Cortex. vol. 75.
- (2016) The Impact of Coexisting Emotional and Conduct Problems on Family Functioning and Quality of Life Among Adolescents With ADHD. Journal of Attention Disorders. vol. 20 (5).
- (2016) Resilience factors may moderate the associations between pubertal timing, body mass and emotional symptoms in adolescence. Acta Paediatrica. vol. 105 (1).
- (2016) Central Coherence, Visuoconstruction and Visual Memory in Patients with Eating Disorders as Measured by Different Scoring Methods of the Rey Complex Figure Test. European eating disorders review. vol. 24 (2).
- (2015) Life after adolescent and adult moderate and severe traumatic brain injury: self-reported executive, emotional, and behavioural function 2-5 years after injury. Behavioural Neurology. vol. 2015:329241.
- (2015) Associations between parental chronic pain and self-esteem, social competence, and family cohesion in adolescent girls and boys - Family linkage data from the HUNT study. BMC Public Health. vol. 15.
- (2015) Improved quality of life among adolescents with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder is mediated by protective factors: A cross sectional survey. BMC Psychiatry. vol. 15 (108).
- (2015) What Predicts a Good Adolescent to Adult Transition in ADHD? The Role of Self-Reported Resilience. Journal of Attention Disorders.
- (2015) Chronic multisite pain in adolescent girls and boys with emotional and behavioral problems: the Young-HUNT study. European Child and Adolescent Psychiatry. vol. 24 (5).
- (2015) Neuropsychological function in patients with anorexia nervosa or bulimia nervosa. International Journal of Eating Disorders. vol. 48 (4).
- (2014) Bullying behaviour among Norwegian adolescents: Psychiatric diagnoses and school well-being in a clinical sample. Nordic Journal of Psychiatry. vol. 68 (5).