Background and activities
PhD in Sociology at Norwegian University of Science and Technology, 2017
Title of thesis: “Occupational Class Inequalities in Health in Europe. Evidence from Major European Studies”.
Master of Science in Demography at University of Rostock, 2009
Bachelor of Arts in Social Sciences at University of Rostock, 2006
Post Doc, Department of Public Health and Nursery, Project: Health care services under pressure – Consequences for patient flows, efficiency and patient safety in Norway, 2017-.
PhD Student, Department of Sociology and Political Science (NTNU), 2010-2017.
Project Researcher, Erasmus Medical Center, Department of Public Health, Rotterdam, the Netherlands, EURO-GBD-SE Project, 2010-2013.
Junior Researcher, Rostock Center for the Study of Demographic Change at Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research, Rostock, Germany, in the Project: “History of Ageing Societies”, 2009-2010.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2017) Occupational inequalities in self-rated health and non-communicable diseases in different regions of Europe: findings from the European Social Survey (2014) special module on the social determinants of health. European Journal of Public Health. vol. 27.
- (2017) Does the pattern of occupational class inequalities in self-reported health depend on the choice of survey? A comparative analysis of four surveys and 35 European countries. European Journal of Public Health. vol. 27.
- (2016) The role of three lifestyle risk factors in reducing educational differences in ischaemic heart disease mortality in Europe. European Journal of Public Health. vol. 26 (6).
- (2015) Who knows the risk? A multilevel study of systematic variations in work-related safety knowledge in the European workforce. Occupational and Environmental Medicine. vol. 72 (8).
- (2014) How can inequalities in mortality be reduced? A quantitative analysis of 6 risk factors in 21 european populations. PLoS ONE. vol. 9 (11).
- (2014) All Part of the Job? The contribution of the Psychosocial and Physical Work Environment to Health Inequalities in Europe and the European Health Divide. International Journal of Health Services. vol. 44 (2).
- (2014) Occupational class inequalities in all-cause and cause-specific mortality among middle-aged men in 14 European populations during the early 2000s. PLoS ONE. vol. 9 (9).
- (2013) Smoking and the potential for reduction of inequalities in mortality in Europe. European Journal of Epidemiology. vol. 28 (12).
- (2017) Occupational Class Inequalities in Health in Europe. Evidence from Major European Studies. 2017. ISBN 978-82-326-2156-9. Doktoravhandlinger ved NTNU (41).