Martin Rasmussen Skogstad
Background and activities
- Human Factors
- Human Reliability Analysis
- Organizational Psychology
- Exercise and Sports Psychology
Petro-HRA - 2012-2015
Ph.D. project. Funded by The Research Council of Norways PETROMAKS program. In collaboration with Statoil, DNV, IFE, SINTEF and INL.
Den nye drilleren - 2011-2012
Funded by The Research Council of Norways PETROMAKS program. In collaboration with IRIS.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2021) Organizational Challenges of Development and Implementation of Virtual Reality Solution for Industrial Operation. Frontiers in Psychology. vol. 12 (704723).
- (2021) Stagewise Overview of Issues Influencing Organizational Technology Adoption and Use. Frontiers in Psychology. vol. 12.
- (2020) The Use of Virtual Reality Alone Does Not Promote Training Performance (but Sense of Presence Does). Frontiers in Psychology. vol. 11.
- (2020) The Evaluation of Virtual Reality Fire Extinguisher Training. Frontiers in Psychology. vol. 11.
- (2019) Human Reliability Studies With Microworld Simulators. Proceedings of the Human Factors and Ergonomics Society Annual Meeting..
- (2019) Challenge to Collect Empirical Data for Human Reliability Analysis - Illustrated by the Difficulties in Collecting Empirical Data on the Performance-Shaping Factor Complexity. ASCE-ASME J of Risk & Uncertainty in Engineering SystemsPart B: Mechanical Engineering. vol. 6.
- (2019) Multi-unit dynamic PRA. Reliability Engineering & System Safety. vol. 185.
- (2019) Simulator versus traditional training: A comparative study of night driving training. Proceedings of the Human Factors and Ergonomics Society Annual Meeting.. vol. 63 (1).
- (2018) The Evaluation of Fatigue as a Performance Shaping Factor in the Petro-HRA Method. Reliability Engineering & System Safety.
- (2017) Retrospective application of human reliability analysis for oil and gas incidents: A case study using the petro-HRA Method. Proceedings of the Human Factors and Ergonomics Society Annual Meeting.. vol. 61 (1).
- (2016) Suggested improvements to the definitions of Standardized Plant Analysis of Risk-Human Reliability Analysis (SPAR-H) performance shaping factors, their levels and multipliers and the nominal tasks. Reliability Engineering & System Safety. vol. 145.
- (2015) Potential Use of HMI Evaluation Methods in HRA. Procedia Manufacturing. vol. 3.
- (2015) Task complexity as a performance shaping factor: A review and recommendations in Standardized Plant Analysis Risk-Human Reliability Analysis (SPAR-H) adaption. Safety Science. vol. 76.
- (2014) The role of exercise during adolescence on adult happiness and mood. Leisure Studies. vol. 33 (4).
- (2014) Human-Reliability Analysis for the Petroleum Industry: Lessons Learned from Applying SPAR-H. SPE Economics & Management. vol. 6 (4).
- (2013) The academic and psychological benefits of exercise in healthy children and adolescents. European Journal of Psychology of Education. vol. 28 (3).
- (2010) The coming PIN code epidemic: A survey study of memory of numeric security codes. E-Journal of Applied Psychology. vol. 6 (2).
Part of book/report
- (2021) Driving Simulators in Teaching and Learning: A Qualitative Study. Supplemental instruction : volume 1: digital technologies.
- (2020) Managerial Sense-making During Technological Changes. e-proceedings of the 30th European Safety and Reliability Conference and 15th Probabilistic Safety Assessment and Management Conference (ESREL2020 PSAM15).
- (2020) Effect of Augmented Reality on Faults Leading to Human Failures in Socio-technical Systems. 4th International Conference on System Reliability and Safety (ICSRS 2019).