Md Hujjatul Islam
Background and activities
I am a Green Chemical Technologist who has the passion for developing chemical processes from the Green Chemistry perspective. Contribution towards minimization of climate change and global warming is my main research goal. Currently, I am working on CO2 conversion into fuel under the supervision of Prof. Bruno G. Pollet and Prof. Odne Stokke Burheim. My area of expertise and interests are sonochemical and sonoelectrochemical technologies, chemical process design, biorefinery process design, and development, simulation, cost engineering, biomass conversion into fuel and value-added chemicals, wastewater treatments etc.
I have obtained my Bachelor and Master’s degree in Textile Engineering from Politecnico Di Torino, Italy. I also have awarded by a second Master´s degree in Chemical and Process Engineering from Lappeenranta University of Technology, Finland. In addition, I have worked as a Guest Researcher in Aalborg University, Denmark, where I was working on the hydrothermal conversion of lignin into value, added chemicals.
European Society of Sonochemistry (ESS)
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database
- (2020) Ultrasound-assisted electrolytic hydrogen production. Micro-Optics and Energy: Sensors for Energy Devices.
- (2020) The use of non-cavitating coupling fluids for intensifying sonoelectrochemical processes. Ultrasonics sonochemistry. vol. 66.
- (2020) Assessment of the beneficial combination of electrochemical and ultrasonic activation of compounds originating from biomass. Ultrasonics sonochemistry. vol. 63.
- (2019) The Use of Ultrasound for the Electrochemical Synthesis of Magnesium Ammonium Phosphate Hexahydrate (Struvite). ECS Transactions. vol. 92 (10).
- (2019) The Use of Ultrasound for the Electrochemical Synthesis of Magnesium Ammonium Phosphate Hexahydrate (Struvite). Meeting Abstracts - The Electrochemical Society [ECS].
- (2019) Sonochemical and Sonoelectrochemical Production of Hydrogen - A Review. Ultrasonics sonochemistry. vol. 51.
- (2019) (Invited) Novel Fuel Production Based on Sonochemistry and Sonoelectrochemistry. ECS Transactions. vol. 92 (10).
- (2019) Novel Fuel Production Based on Sonochemistry and Sonoelectrochemistry. Meeting Abstracts - The Electrochemical Society [ECS].
- (2019) Recent developments in the sonoelectrochemical synthesis of nanomaterials. Ultrasonics sonochemistry. vol. 59:104711.
- (2019) Effect of power ultrasound and Fenton reagents on the biomethane potential from steam-exploded birchwood. Ultrasonics sonochemistry. vol. 58.
- (2018) WET PARTIAL OXIDATION OF GUAIACOL INTO CARBOXYLIC ACIDS USING HYDROGEN PEROXIDE. 26th European Biomass Conference and Exhibition ; Copenhagen. 2018-05-14 - 2018-05-17.
- (2018) Flame Retardant Effect of Nano Fillers on Polydimethylsiloxane Composites. Journal of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology. vol. 18 (2).
- (2018) Hydrogen Fuel Cell Systems in Nordic Regions. AiMES 2018 . The Electrochemical Society; Cancun. 2018-09-30 - 2018-10-04.