Nadra J. Nilsen
Background and activities
My research focuses on basic mechanisms of innate immunity. In particular, I am interested in how signaling pattern recognition receptors (PRRs) recognize and respond to microbial and endogenous components, and how this shapes the subsequent immune response. I am currently interested in how PRR signaling affects cancer progression, with emphasis on the cancers Multiple Myeloma and colorectal cancer.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2017) Surface Toll-Like Receptor 3 Expression in Metastatic Intestinal Epithelial Cells induces Selective Cytokine Production and Promotes Invasiveness. Journal of Biological Chemistry. vol. 292 (37).
- (2016) Caspase-8 regulates the expression of pro- and anti-inflammatory cytokines in human bone marrow-derived mesenchymal stromal cells. Immunity,Inflammation and Disease. vol. 4 (3).
- (2015) A role for the adaptor proteins TRAM and TRIF in toll-like receptor 2 signaling. Journal of Biological Chemistry. vol. 290 (6).
- (2013) Enhanced expression of CXCL10 in inflammatory bowel disease: Potential role of mucosal toll-like 3 receptor stimulation. Inflammatory Bowel Diseases. vol. 19 (2).
- (2012) Enhanced expression of CXCL10 in inflammatory bowel disease-role of mucosal TLR3 stimulation. Journal of Crohn’s and Coltis Supplements. vol. 6.
- (2010) Toll-Like Receptor 2 (P631H) Mutant Impairs Membrane Internalization and is a Dominant Negative Allele. Scandinavian Journal of Immunology. vol. 71 (5).
- (2010) The Rab11a GTPase Controls Toll-like Receptor 4-Induced Activation of Interferon Regulatory Factor-3 on Phagosomes. Immunity. vol. 33 (4).
- (2009) A proviral role for CpG in cytomegalovirus infection. Journal of Immunology. vol. 182 (9).
- (2008) Cellular trafficking of lipoteichoic acid and Toll-like receptor 2 in relation to signaling; role of CD14 and CD36. Journal of Leukocyte Biology. vol. 84.
- (2005) Binding of lipopeptide to CD14 induces physical proximity of CD14, TLR2 and TLR1. European Journal of Immunology. vol. 35 (3).
- (2004) Biochemical analysis of the processive mechanism for epimerization of alginate by mannuronan C-5 epimerase AlgE4. Biochemical Journal.
- (2004) TLR9 signals after translocating from the ER to CpG DNA in the lysosome. Nature Immunology. vol. 5.
- (2004) Lipopolysaccharide and Double-stranded RNA Up-regulate Toll-like Receptor 2 Independently of Myeloid Differentiation Factor 88. Journal of Biological Chemistry.
- (2003) Cutting edge: link between innate and adaptive immunity: Toll-like receptor 2 internalizes antigen for presentation to CD4+ T cells and could be an efficient vaccine target. Journal of Immunology. vol. 171 (1).
- (2016) Toll-Like Receptor 3 Signaling in Intestinal Epithelial Cells. 2016. ISBN 978-82-326-1492-9.
- (2008) Toll-like receptor 2 expression, regulation and signaling. Tapir Akademisk Forlag. 2008. ISBN 978-82-471-1072-0.