Background and activities
TOPIC & BACKGROUND
Comfort properties of timber floors constructions
The overall scope of the project is structural parts in buildings like partition walls and floor constructions of typical composite design where wood or wood-based materials are one of the materials used. Emphasis will be put on the vibration response of floor constructions exposed to human activities and common vibration sources in relevant building categories.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2021) Competitiveness of timber floor elements: an assessment of structural properties, production, costs and carbon emissions. Forest products journal. vol. 71 (2).
- (2021) Effects of interconnections between timber floor elements: dynamic and static evaluations of structural scale tests. European Journal of Wood and Wood Products. vol. 79.
- (2021) Optimization framework for cost and carbon emission of timber floor elements. Engineering structures.
- (2019) On the potential of integrating building information modelling (BIM) for the additive manufacturing (AM) of concrete structures. Construction Innovation.
- (2019) Multi-objective parametric study of a wooden window. MATEC Web of Conferences.
- (2019) The use of insurance data in the analysis of Surface Water Flood events – a systematic review. Journal of Hydrology. vol. 568.
- (2019) A climate services perspective on Norwegian stormwater-related databases. Climate Services. vol. 13.
- (2018) Durability evaluation of adhesive tapes for building applications. Construction and Building Materials. vol. 161.
- (2018) Assessment of greenhouse gas emissions of ventilated timber wall constructions based on parametric LCA. Journal of Cleaner Production. vol. 197.
- (2018) From Zero Emission Buildings (ZEB) to Zero Emission Neighbourhoods (ZEN): A Mapping Review of Algorithm-Based LCA. Sustainability. vol. 10 (7).
- (2018) GIS-basert verktøy for å estimere fremtidige flomskadekostnader. Kart og Plan. vol. 78 (4).
- (2017) Mould models applicable to wood-based materials – a generic framework. Energy Procedia. vol. 132.
- (2017) A probabilistic-based approach for predicting mould growth in timber building envelopes: Comparison of three mould models. Energy Procedia. vol. 132.
- (2017) A probabilistic-based methodology for predicting mould growth in façade constructions. Building and Environment. vol. 128.
- (2017) Mould growth criteria and design avoidance approaches in wood-based materials - A systematic review. Construction and Building Materials. vol. 150.
- (2017) Smart home technologies that support independent living: challenges and opportunities for the building industry – a systematic mapping study. Intelligent Buildings International. vol. 9 (1).
- (2017) The potential of decision support systems for more sustainable and intelligent constructions: a short overview. Procedia Manufacturing. vol. 12.
- (2016) Additive construction: State-of-the-art, challenges and opportunities. Automation in Construction. vol. 72.
- (2015) Prediction of material damping in timber floors, and subsequent evaluation of structural damping. Materials and Structures. vol. 48 (6).
- (2013) Experimental evaluations of material damping in timber beams of structural dimensions. Wood Science and Technology. vol. 47 (5).