Background and activities
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2018) Numerical investigation of free-stream turbulence effects on the transition-in-wake state of flow past a circular cylinder. Journal of turbulence. vol. 19 (3).
- (2018) Combustion of thermally thick wood particles: A study on the influence of wood particle size on the combustion behavior. Energy & Fuels.
- (2018) Fully resolved simulations of single char particle combustion using a ghost-cell immersed boundary method. AIChE Journal.
- (2018) Turbophoresis in forced inhomogeneous turbulence. The European Physical Journal Plus. vol. 133 (2).
- (2018) Investigation of an Innovative Latent Heat Storage Concept in a Stovepipe. Chemical Engineering Transactions. vol. 65.
- (2017) CFD modeling and thermodynamic analysis of a concept of a MILD-OXY combustion large scale pulverized coal boiler. Energy. vol. 140.
- (2017) A method for retrieving char oxidation kinetic data from reacting particle trajectories in a novel test facility. Fuel. vol. 212.
- (2017) Design of the experimental rig for retrieving kinetic data of char particles. Fuel processing technology. vol. 156.
- (2017) Oxy-fuel burner investigations for CO2 capture in cement plants. Energy Procedia. vol. 120.
- (2017) Drying of Thermally Thick Wood Particles: A Study of the Numerical Efficiency, Accuracy, and Stability of Common Drying Models. Energy & Fuels. vol. 31 (12).
- (2017) Comparison of numerical efficiency of the thermal and the kinetic rate drying model applied to a thermally thick wood particle. Energy Procedia. vol. 142.
- (2017) NUMERICAL SIMULATION OF DEVOLATILIZATION OF WOOD LOGS AND PRESSURE GENERATION IN THE WOOD LOG CENTER. European biomass conference and exhibition proceedings.
- (2017) Numerical models for thermochemical degradation of thermally thick woody biomass, and their application in domestic wood heating appliances and grate furnaces. Progress in Energy and Combustion Science. vol. 63.
- (2017) The effect of turbulence on mass transfer rates of small inertial particles with surface reactions. Journal of Fluid Mechanics. vol. 836.
- (2017) Correlation effects between turbulence and the conversion rate of pulverized char particles. Combustion and Flame. vol. 185.
- (2017) The effect of turbulent clustering on particle reactivity. Proceedings of the Combustion Institute. vol. 36 (2).
- (2017) Chemical Looping Combustion of Methane Using a Copper-based Oxygen Carrier in a 150 kW Reactor System. Energy Procedia. vol. 114.
- (2017) Eulerian and Lagrangian approaches to multidimensional condensation and collection. Journal of Advances in Modeling Earth Systems. vol. 9 (2).
- (2017) Mechanism of unconfined dust explosions: Turbulent clustering and radiation-induced ignition. Physical review. E. vol. 95.
- (2017) A ghost-cell immersed boundary method for the simulations of heat transfer in compressible flows under different boundary conditions Part-II: Complex geometries. International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer. vol. 104.