Background and activities
Coordinating and reasearch in Nanomechanical Testing Laboratoty
- Industrial and fundamental research materials
- High Resolusion Scanning Electron Microscopy
- High Resolution Electron Backscattered Diffraction
- In situ and Ex situ Nanoindentation
- Electrochemical Nanoindentation
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2018) In situ small-scale hydrogen embrittlement testing made easy: An electrolyte for preserving surface integrity at nano-scale during hydrogen charging. International journal of hydrogen energy. vol. 43 (27).
- (2018) In situ micromechanical testing in environmental scanning electron microscope: A new insight into hydrogen-assisted cracking. Acta Materialia. vol. 144.
- (2017) In-situ micro-cantilever bending test in environmental scanning electron microscope: Real time observation of hydrogen enhanced cracking. Scripta Materialia. vol. 127.
- (2017) Hydrogen enhanced cracking studies on Fe–3wt%Si single and bi-crystal microcantilevers. Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society A: Mathematical, Physical and Engineering Sciences. vol. 375.
- (2017) In situ electrochemical microcantilever bending test: A new insight into hydrogen enhanced cracking. Scripta Materialia. vol. 132.
- (2016) Effect of Hydrogen on the hardness of different phases in super duplex stainless steel. International journal of hydrogen energy. vol. 41 (1).
- (2016) Microscopic incompatibility controlling plastic deformation of bicrystals. Acta Materialia. vol. 106.
- (2015) Hydrogen embrittlement in nickel, visited by first principles modeling, cohesive zone simulation and nanomechanical testing. International journal of hydrogen energy. vol. 40 (47).
- (2015) Correlation between the hydrogen chemical potential and pop-in load during in situ electrochemical nanoindentation. Scripta Materialia. vol. 108.
- (2013) An insight into the role of the grain boundary in plastic deformation by means of a bicrystalline pillar compression test and atomistic simulation. Acta Materialia. vol. 61 (19).
- (2012) Novel methods for micromechanical examination of hydrogen and grain boundary effects on dislocations. Philosophical Magazine. vol. 92.
- (2012) Orientation gradients at boundaries in micron-sized bicrystals. Advanced Engineering Materials.
- (2010) Examination of hydrogen embrittlement in FeAl by means of in situ electrochemical micropillar compression and nanoindentation techniques. Intermetallics (Barking).
- (2010) Investigation of the role of grain boundary on the mechanical properties of metals. Journal of Physics, Conference Series.
Part of book/report
- (2016) HYDROGEN EMBRITTLEMENT IN FE3%SI, VISITED BY NANOMECHANICAL TESTING AND COHESIVE ZONE SIMULATION. Material Performance in Hydrogen Environments.