Odd Kr. Pettersen
Background and activities
Odd Kr. Pettersen (1952) is Head of Department of Electronic Systems at the Faculty of Information Technology and Electrical Engineering. Odd Kr. Pettersen has a MsC and a PhD in Telecommunications, both from NTNU.
- Underwater Acoustics
- Aircraft noise
- Noise and vibration reduction
- Active Noise Control
- Development of noise intensity measuring techniques
- Acoustics Measurement
- Hearing Protection
Recent Work Experience
- 2017- Head of Department of Electronic Systems
- 2017-2017 Research Manager SINTEF Digital, Acoustics
- 2004- 2017 Research Director, SINTEF ICT, Acoustics
- 2000- 2017 Adjunct Professor, Dept. of Electronics and Telecommunications
- 2007-2008 Project Director NACRE AS (one year leave from SINTEF)
- 1996-2004 Research Director, SINTEF Telecom and Informatics, Acoustics
- 1991-1996 Head of Section, Acoustics, DELAB
- 1987-1991 Project coordinator, ELAB
- 1987- Senior Scientist, ELAB (now SINTEF ICT)
- Member of ISO working group ISO/TC 43/SC 1/WG 25 – Sound intensity measurement
- Member of the board of The Acoustical Society of Norway, 1986-1988 and 2001-2005
- Member of the Scientific Board for DeAmp AS, 2005-
- Member of the Advisory Board for SONITOR AS, 2005-2014
- Member of Standards Norway, Acoustical Committee, 2009-2015
- Member of the Board of Listen AS, 2015 - 2017
- Member of Advisory Board of Listen AS, 2017-
- Member of Advisory Board of Unisound AS, 2017-
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (1997) On spatial sampling using the scanning intensity technique. Applied Acoustics. vol. 50 (2).
Part of book/report
- (2014) Aircraft sound localization using directional-microphone arrays. Proceedings of the Forum Acusticum 2014, Krakow, 7-12 September, 2014,.
- (2013) Development of a microphone array for direction finding of low frequency, airborne sound sources using time difference of arrival. Proceedings of the 36th Scandinavian Symposium on Physical Acoustics.
- (2005) The absorption of slotted panels revisited. Proceedings of Forum Acusticum 2005.