Background and activities
MD, internal medicine specialist. Consultant at Clinic of Cardiology, St. Olavs University Hospital. PhD-candidate at Department of Circulation and Medical Imaging, Faculty of Medicine, NTNU.
Clinical interests are general cardiology, invasive cardiology and coronary heart disease. Research field is coronary heart disease and inflammation. We study the effects of interleukin-6 (IL-6) blockade with the IL-6 receptor antagonist tocilizumab in acute coronary heart disease. We investigate the effects of tocilizumab on inflammation and myocardial damage/ischemia-reperfusion injury in myocardial infarction.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database
- (2018) Interleukin-6 receptor inhibition with tocilizumab induces a selective and substantial increase in plasma IP-10 and MIP-1? in non-ST-elevation myocardial infarction. International Journal of Cardiology.
- (2018) Serum lipoprotein(a) is not modified by interleukin-6 receptor antagonism or associated with inflammation in non-ST-elevation myocardial infarction. International Journal of Cardiology.
- (2017) Effect of interleukin-6 inhibition on coronary microvascular and endothelial function in myocardial infarction. Heart. vol. 103 (19).
- (2016) Effect of a single dose of the interleukin-6 receptor antagonist tocilizumab on inflammation and troponin T release in patients with non-ST-elevation myocardial infarction: a double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled phase 2 trial. European Heart Journal. vol. 37 (30).
- (2015) The interleukin-6 receptor antagonist tocilizumab reduces inflammation and myocardial damage in non-ST elevation myocardial infarction - a randomized, double-blind, placebo controlled study. ESC Congress 2015 . European Society of Cardiology; London. 2015-08-29 - 2015-09-02.