Background and activities
Dipo Olaitan is a postdoctoral research fellow in the Department of Production and Quality Engineering, NTNU. He is currently undertaking a research project titled Som 4.0 which is aimed at streamlining and improving the efficiency of the furniture production process of Ekornes ASA in Norway.
He obtained his M.Sc. and Ph.D. in Manufacturing Engineering from Dublin City University, Ireland. His areas of interest are in the use of simulation-based techniques to research, optimise and improve manufacturing systems. He has in the past researched the application of Kanban based production control strategies in multi-product manufacturing systems. He has also been involved in developing decision support tools for factory-based scheduling and capacity allocation problems.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2017) A Nested Configuration of POLCA and Generic Kanban in a High Product Mix Manufacturing System. IFIP Advances in Information and Communication Technology. vol. 513.
- (2017) Work in Process Control for a High Product Mix Manufacturing System. Procedia CIRP. vol. 63.
- (2017) Kanban Allocation Policies of Multi-product Production Control Strategies. Taylor & Francis. 2017. ISBN 9781315394374.
Part of book/report
- (2018) Optimizing Leather Cutting Process in Make-to-Order Production to Increase Hide Utilization. Advanced Manufacturing and Automation VII Gathers selected presentations from the 7th International Workshop of Advanced Manufacturing and Automation (IWAMA 2017), Changshu, China.
- Other machinery sciences
- Combinatorial optimization
- Mathematical optimization
- Programming languages
- Production Engineering Nonlinear Optimisation
- Logistics optimization
- Operations Management
- Lean management
- R&D statistics
- Ant Colony Optimization
- Manufacturing and production engineering
- Industrial engineering
- ERP and MRP systems
- Statistical process control and optimization
- Multi-Objective Optimization