Olav Magnus Fredheim
Background and activities
Professor of anesthesiology and pain medicine. Senior consultant in palliative medicine at Akershus University Hospital.
- KLH3205 - Pain, Fatigue and Palliative Care
- MDV6013 - Acute and Postoperative Pain
- KLH3202 - Acute and Postoperative Pain
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2022) “Do not resuscitate” order and end-of-life treatment in a cohort of deceased in a Norwegian University Hospital. Acta Anaesthesiologica Scandinavica.
- (2021) Ought the level of sedation to be reduced during deep palliative sedation? A clinical and ethical analysis. BMJ Supportive & Palliative Care.
- (2021) Prescriptions of analgesics during chronic cancer disease trajectories: A complete national cohort study. Pharmacoepidemiology and Drug Safety. vol. 30 (11).
- (2021) Filled prescriptions for opioids among children and adolescents – A nationwide study from 2010 to 2018. Acta Anaesthesiologica Scandinavica. vol. 65 (10).
- (2021) Persistent Use of Prescription Opioids Following Lumbar Spine Surgery: Observational Study with Prospectively Collected Data from Two Norwegian Nationwide Registries. Spine.
- (2020) Clinical and ethical aspects of palliative sedation with propofol—A retrospective quantitative and qualitative study. Acta Anaesthesiologica Scandinavica.
- (2020) Prescription of analgesics to long-term survivors of cancer in early adulthood, adolescence and childhood in Norway: a national cohort study. Pain. vol. 161 (5).
- (2020) Refractory suffering at the end of life and the assisted dying debate: An interview study with palliative care nurses and doctors. Clinical Ethics.
- (2020) Pain During Sex Before and After Surgery for Lumbar Disc Herniation - A Multicenter Observational Study. Spine.
- (2019) Tramadol use in Norway: A register-based population study. Pharmacoepidemiology and Drug Safety. vol. 28 (1).
- (2019) Etiske dilemmaer ved suicidalitet hos pasienter med kort forventet levetid. Tidsskrift for Den norske legeforening. vol. 139 (16).
- (2019) A complete national cohort study of prescriptions of analgesics and benzodiazepines to cancer survivors in Norway 10 years after diagnosis. Pain. vol. 160 (4).
- (2018) Defining the cut-off point of clinically significant postoperative fatigue in three common fatigue scales. Quality of Life Research.
- (2017) Prescriptions of analgesics during complete disease trajectories in patients who are diagnosed with and die from cancer within the five-year period 2005-2009. European Journal of Pain. vol. 21 (3).
- (2017) Utlevering av analgetika til barn f?r og etter nye anbefalinger om kodein. Tidsskrift for Den norske legeforening. vol. 137 (12).
- (2017) A randomised controlled trial of propofol vs. thiopentone and desﬂurane for fatigue after laparoscopic cholecystectomy. Anaesthesia. vol. 72 (7).
- (2016) Opioids for outpatients with cancer in their last year of life: A nationwide pharmacoepidemiological study. Journal of Opioid Management. vol. 12 (1).
- (2016) Bør man kunne tilby keisersnitt ved trisomi 13 og 18?. Tidsskrift for Den norske legeforening. vol. 136 (7).
- (2016) Hva vet vi om bruken av opioider ved ikke-malign smerte? : resultater fra studier basert på Reseptregisteret 2004-2014. Norsk Farmaceutisk Tidsskrift. vol. 124 (3).
- (2016) The duration and course of opioid therapy in patients with chronic non-malignant pain. Acta Anaesthesiologica Scandinavica. vol. 60 (1).