Olav Magnus Fredheim
Background and activities
Professor of anesthesiology and pain medicine. Senior consultant in palliative medicine at Akershus University Hospital.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2020) Clinical and ethical aspects of palliative sedation with propofol—A retrospective quantitative and qualitative study. Acta Anaesthesiologica Scandinavica.
- (2020) Prescription of analgesics to long-term survivors of cancer in early adulthood, adolescence and childhood in Norway: a national cohort study. Pain.
- (2020) Refractory suffering at the end of life and the assisted dying debate: An interview study with palliative care nurses and doctors. Clinical Ethics.
- (2020) Pain During Sex Before and After Surgery for Lumbar Disc Herniation - A Multicenter Observational Study. Spine.
- (2019) Tramadol use in Norway: A register-based population study. Pharmacoepidemiology and Drug Safety. vol. 28 (1).
- (2019) Etiske dilemmaer ved suicidalitet hos pasienter med kort forventet levetid. Tidsskrift for Den norske legeforening. vol. 139 (16).
- (2019) A complete national cohort study of prescriptions of analgesics and benzodiazepines to cancer survivors in Norway 10 years after diagnosis. Pain. vol. 160 (4).
- (2018) Defining the cut-off point of clinically significant postoperative fatigue in three common fatigue scales. Quality of Life Research.
- (2017) Prescriptions of analgesics during complete disease trajectories in patients who are diagnosed with and die from cancer within the five-year period 2005-2009. European Journal of Pain. vol. 21 (3).
- (2017) Utlevering av analgetika til barn f?r og etter nye anbefalinger om kodein. Tidsskrift for Den norske legeforening. vol. 137 (12).
- (2017) A randomised controlled trial of propofol vs. thiopentone and desﬂurane for fatigue after laparoscopic cholecystectomy. Anaesthesia. vol. 72 (7).
- (2016) Opioids for outpatients with cancer in their last year of life: A nationwide pharmacoepidemiological study. Journal of Opioid Management. vol. 12 (1).
- (2016) Bør man kunne tilby keisersnitt ved trisomi 13 og 18?. Tidsskrift for Den norske legeforening. vol. 136 (7).
- (2016) Hva vet vi om bruken av opioider ved ikke-malign smerte? : resultater fra studier basert på Reseptregisteret 2004-2014. Norsk Farmaceutisk Tidsskrift. vol. 124 (3).
- (2016) The duration and course of opioid therapy in patients with chronic non-malignant pain. Acta Anaesthesiologica Scandinavica. vol. 60 (1).
- (2016) Postoperative fatigue translation and validation of a revised 10-item short form of the Identity-Consequence Fatigue Scale (ICFS). Journal of Psychosomatic Research. vol. 84.
- (2015) Prevalence of use of non-prescription analgesics in the Norwegian HUNT3 population: Impact of gender, age, exercise and prescription of opioids. BMC Public Health. vol. 15.
- (2015) Use of nasal fentanyl for cancer pain: A pharmacoepidemiological study. Palliative Medicine. vol. 29 (7).
- (2015) Consumption of and satisfaction with health care among opioid users with chronic non-malignant pain. Acta Anaesthesiologica Scandinavica. vol. 59 (10).
- (2015) Opioids for chronic noncancer pain: Still no evidence for superiority of sustained-release opioids. Clinical Pharmacology and Therapeutics. vol. 97 (2).