Marthe Sofie Pande-Rolfsen
Background and activities
I teach English literature and teaching methodology (didactics) in the following courses:
- Teacher Specialist in English for grades 1-7
- Primary and Lower Secondary Teacher Education for years 1-7 and 5-10.
- Competence for Quality (KFK) 1-7 and 5-10 (professional development courses for in-service teachers).
I also teach dance within courses in music and physical education at the Dept. for Teacher Education.
Areas of interest:
- Aesthetic approaches to learning in English/Bodily learning
- Literature in the English classroom (focusing particularly on short fiction, poetry, children's and youth (YA) literature).
- Development of basic skills (with a focus on writing).
- The use of ICT in the classroom.
Research and development (FoU) projects:
- "Sounding Shakespeare" - an interdisciplinary project in English and Music for students in teacher training.
- Digital Curation in English
I am a member of the following research groups:
- SKOLE6262 - Children’s Literature and the Development of Basic Skills in English
- LVUT8005 - English 1 (1-7) module 2
- MGLU1505 - English 1 (5-10) Module 1
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database
- (2021) Poetry in the English classroom. Literature for the English classroom - theory into practice.
- (2019) The Teacher as English Student. Cappelen Damm Akademisk. 2019. ISBN 9788202566722.
- (2019) Sounding Shakespeare: An Interdisciplinary Educational Design Project in English and Music. Early Modern Culture Online. vol. 07 (1).
- (2018) Sounding Shakespeare. Nordisk lærerutdanningskonferanse nr. 15 ; Vaasa. 2018-05-07 - 2018-05-09.
- (2017) Kompetanse for kvalitet. Læreren som student. Cappelen Damm Akademisk. 2017. ISBN 9788202567316.
- (2017) Bruk av drama for å fremme muntlige ferdigheter i engelsk. Inspirasjonskveld for lærere . Gyldendal Undervisning; Gyldendalhuset, Oslo. 2017-10-12.