Per Åge Avseth
Background and activities
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2020) Seismic methods for fluid discrimination in areas with complex geologic history - A case example from the Barents Sea. Interpretation. vol. 8 (1).
- (2018) Rock physics modelling based on depositional and burial history of Barents Sea sandstones. Geophysical Prospecting.
- (2017) Burial induced changes in physical sandstone properties: A case-study of North Sea and Norwegian Sea sandstone formations. SEG technical program expanded abstracts.
- (2016) AVO inversion in exploration-Key learnings from a Norwegian Sea prospect. The Leading Edge. vol. 35 (5).
- (2016) Combining burial history and rock-physics modeling to constrain AVO analysis during exploration. The Leading Edge. vol. 35 (6).
- (2016) Rock-physics modeling of stress sensitivity and 4D time shifts in patchy cemented sandstones-Application to the Visund Field, North Sea. The Leading Edge. vol. 35 (10).
- (2016) Sensitivity analysis of effective fluid and rock bulk modulus due to changes in pore pressure, temperature and saturation. Journal of Applied Geophysics. vol. 135.
- (2016) Net uplift estimation using both sandstone modeling and shale trends, on the horda platform area in the norwegian north sea. SEG technical program expanded abstracts. vol. 35.
- (2016) Quantitative interpretation using inverse rock-physics modeling on AVO data. The Leading Edge. vol. 35 (8).
- (2015) Quantitative seismic interpretation using inverse rock physics modelling. Petroleum Geoscience. vol. 21.
- (2015) Seismic reservoir and source-rock analysis using inverse rock-physics modeling: A Norwegian Sea demonstration. The Leading Edge. vol. 34 (11).
- (2015) Rock-physics templates for clay-rich source rocks. Geophysics. vol. 80 (5).
- (2015) Probabilistic estimation of density and shear information from Zoeppritz's equation. The Leading Edge. vol. 34 (9).
- (2014) Rock-physics modeling guided by depositional and burial history in low-to-intermediate-porosity sandstones. Geophysics. vol. 79 (2).
- (2014) Using a pseudo-steady-state flow equation and 4D seismic traveltime shifts for estimation of pressure and saturation changes. Geophysics. vol. 79 (3).
- (2013) Rock physics modelling of 4D time-shifts and time-shift derivatives using well log data a North Sea demonstration. Geophysical Prospecting. vol. 61 (2).
- (2012) Hierarchical Bayesian lithology/fluid prediction: A North Sea case study. Geophysics. vol. 77 (2).
- (2011) Source-rock seismic-velocity models: Gassmann versus Backus. Geophysics. vol. 76 (5).
- (2010) Rock-physics diagnostics of depositional texture, diagenetic alterations, and reservoir heterogeneity in high-porosity siliciclastic sediments and rocks - A review of selected models and suggested work flows. Geophysics. vol. 75 (5).
- (2010) Bayesian Lithology/fluid prediction constrained by spatial couplings and rock physics depth trends. The Leading Edge. vol. 29 (5).