Background and activities
- Political journalism, especially interactions of journalists and political actors
- Comparative political communication research, especially populist political communication
- Media power in society: Perceptions of media influence and media bias (HMP)
- (Social) Media and political leadership
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2017) Consequences of Politicians’ Perceptions of the News Media. Journalism Studies.
- (2017) In the grip of politics? How political journalists in France and Germany perceive political influence on their work. Journalism - Theory, Practice & Criticism.
- (2017) Networking and Political Alignment as Strategies to Control the News: Interaction between Journalists and Politicians. Journalism Studies.
- (2016) A blessing or a double-edged sword? Politicians’ perceptions of newspapers’ impact on the functioning of democracy. Communications. vol. 41 (1).
- (2016) Coproduction or cooptation? Real-time spin and social media response during the 2012 French and US presidential debates. French Politics. vol. 14 (2).
- (2014) News Coverage of Politics and Conflict Levels: A cross-national study of journalists' and politicians' perceptions of two elements of mediatization. Journalism Studies. vol. 15 (3).
- (2011) Explaining perceived media influence in politics: An analysis of the interplay of context and attitudes in four European democracies. Publizistik: Vierteljahreshefte für Kommunikationsforschung. vol. 56 (1).