Background and activities
Philipp Spenhoff's educational background is threefold with straight A grades in higher education degrees in the areas of IT (Bsc.), Project Management (M.A.) and Industrial engineering (PhD, ongoing).
Philipp is especially passionate about business process analysis and improvement in various contexts. He supports this passion with outstanding commitment and excellent communication, negotiation and presentation skills.
He gained 9 years of practical experience at Siemens in the areas of Energy, Industry and central corporate functions on national headquarter level. In addition Philipp was involved in various consulting projects in Norway, Canada, Poland and Germany, i.e. with RWE and Porsche Consulting. Furthermore he volunteered as event manager for music festivals with up to 1.5 million visitors.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database
- (2014) The fit of planning methods for the part manufacturing industry, a case study. Advances in Manufacturing. vol. 2 (2).
Part of book/report
- (2016) Investigating Production Planning and Control Challenges in the (Semi-)Process Industry, the Case of an Automotive Part Producer. 2016 IEEE International Conference on Industrial Engineering and Engineering Management (IEEM).
- (2013) Investigating the fit of planning environments and planning methods, the case of an automotive part manufacturer. Proceedings of IWAMA 2013 - The Third International Workshop of Advanced Manufacturing and Automation.
- (2016) Leveling Production Towards Demand-driven Flow: Cyclic Lean Production Control in the Process Industries with Every-Product-Every-Cycle (EPEC). 2016 European Operations Management Association Conference (EurOMA) . European Operations Management Association; Trondheim. 2016-06-17 - 2016-06-22.
- (2015) The Applicability of Lean Planing Practices in the Part Manufacturing Industry. European Operations Management Association (EurOMA) . European Operations Management Association; Neuchâtel. 2015-06-26 - 2015-07-01.
- (2012) The application of lean production control methods within a process-type industry: The case of Benteler Aluminium Systems Norway. MITIP konferanse ; 2012-10-24 - 2012-10-26.