Background and activities
My research interests are focused primarily on the analytical and fundamental aspects of the Casimir effect, which describes the modification of the vacuum state in the presence of macroscopic objects. I have explored problems on how the vacuum energy falls under gravity; Casimir interactions between weakly interacting dielectric objects; the Casimir repulsion arising due to the geometry of interacting objects and the anisotropy in the material properties of the interacting objects; infinitesimally thin 2-dimensional objects described using $\delta$-function potential interacting with electromagnetic field; and investigation of the divergences appearing in the vacuum energy in the presence of the spatially varying background potential, and its renormalization.
FRINATEK Project at NTNU: FRINATEK project 250346 funded by Norwegian Research Council from 2016-2019.
"Casimir effect and van der Waals forces in multilayer systems"
Prof. Iver Brevik (NTNU).
Dr. Mathias Boström (UiO+NTNU)
Prof. Clas Persson (UiO)
Prof. Johan Hoye (NTNU)
Prof. Stefan Buhmann (Germany)
Prof. Kimball Milton (USA)
Prof. Barry W. Ninham (Australia)
Dr. Oleksandr I. Malyi (Singapore)
Dr. Kristian Berland (UiO)
Dr. Prachi Parashar (NTNU)
Dr. K. V. Shajesh (USA)
Dr. Drew F. Parsons (Australia)
Dr. Eduardo Lima (Brazil)
Research publications (search results from arXiv)
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database
- (2017) Lifshitz interaction can promote ice growth at water-silica interfaces. Physical Review B. Condensed Matter and Materials Physics. vol. 95 (15).
- (2017) Casimir self-entropy of a spherical electromagnetic δ-function shell. Physical Review D. vol. 96 (8).
- (2017) Electromagnetic δ-function sphere. Physical Review D. vol. 96.
- (2017) Casimir-Polder energy for axially symmetric systems. Annals of Physics. vol. 387.
- (2017) Casimir energy of Sierpinski triangles. Physical Review D.
- (2016) Casimir energies of self-similar plate configurations. Physical Review D. vol. 94 (6).
- (2016) Casimir self-entropy of an electromagnetic thin sheet. Physical Review D. vol. 94 (8).