Background and activities
Lepeophtheirus salmonis (sea lice/lakselus) infestation in farmed salmon inflicts a huge economic loss in the Norwegian aquaculture industry. My Ph.D. research intends to assess the clues to control the sea lice infestation by understanding the underlying genetic mechanisms.
- Functional studies of genes involved in metabolic pathways.
- Identification of genomic markers to track and categorize sea lice.
My PhD is a part of Taskforce Salmon lice, cooperation between NTNU and the aquaculture industries in Mid Norway with collaboration among multiple research institutions. For more information you can visit the link below:
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database
- (2022) IIb-RAD-sequencing coupled with random forest classification indicates regional population structuring and sex-specific differentiation in salmon lice (Lepeophtheirus salmonis). Ecology and Evolution. vol. 12 (4).
- (2021) Principles and Methods of Counteracting Harmful Salmon–Arthropod Interactions in Salmon Farming: Addressing Possibilities, Limitations, and Future Options. Frontiers in Marine Science. vol. 8.
- (2021) Alleviation of C⋅C Mismatches in DNA by the Escherichia coli Fpg Protein. Frontiers in Microbiology. vol. 12.
- (2020) Phenylalanine Hydroxylase RNAi Knockdown Negatively Affects Larval Development, Molting and Swimming Performance of Salmon Lice. Frontiers in Marine Science. vol. 7 (608463).
- (2018) Excision of the doubly methylated base N4,5-dimethylcytosine from DNA by Escherichia coli Nei and Fpg proteins. Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society of London. Biological Sciences. vol. 373 (1748).
- (2018) Taskforce salmon lice – spread and infection mechanisms of sea lice within and between farmed and wild populations of salmonids. Sea Lice 2018 ; Punta Arenas. 2018-11-04 - 2018-11-08.
- (2018) Developing a method for genome editing in Lepeophtheirus salmonis using CRISPR-Cas9 system. Sealice 2018 ; Punta Arenas. 2018-11-04 - 2018-11-08.
- (2017) DNA glycosylase activities for N4,5-dimethylcytosine. 2017.
- (2017) Repair of double methylated bases in DNA. 1st annual BioCat Meeting . BioCat; Hurdal. 2017-06-12 - 2017-06-14.
- (2017) Repair of dimethylated bases in DNA. 6th EU-US Conference on Repair of Endogenous DNA Damage . University of Udine; Udine. 2017-09-24 - 2017-09-28.