Background and activities
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2021) Unidimensionality of the Strengths and Vulnerabilities Scales in the Short-Term Assessment of Risk and Treatability (START). International Journal of Forensic Mental Health.
- (2020) Effect of an education program, risk assessment checklist and prevention protocol on violence against emergency department nurses: A single center before and after study. International Emergency Nursing. vol. 50.
- (2019) The predictive properties of violence risk instruments may increase by adding items assessing sleep. Frontiers in Psychiatry. vol. 10:323 (MAY).
- (2018) Effect of a risk assessment checklist and violence prevention protocol for emergency nurses: a single-center before-and-after study. Advanced Emergency Nursing Journal.
- (2018) Sleep at night and association to aggressive behaviour; Patients in a psychiatric intensive care unit. Psychiatry Research. vol. 263.
- (2018) Assessing the risk of violence in a psychiatric clinic: the Brøset Violence Checklist (BVC) Turkish version—validity and reliability study. Perspectives in psychiatric care.
- (2016) Aggression in Psychiatric Wards: Effect of the Use of a Structured Risk Assessment. Issues in Mental Health Nursing. vol. 37 (12).
- (2015) Comparing the effect of non-medical mechanical restraint preventive factors between psychiatric units in Denmark and Norway. Nordic Journal of Psychiatry. vol. 69 (6).
- (2014) Mechanical restraint in psychiatry: Preventive Factors in theory and practice. A Danish-Norwegian association study. Perspectives in psychiatric care. vol. 50 (3).
- (2012) Family Relations and School Experiences in Criminal Recidivists with a Comorbid Substance Use Problem. Journal of Educational and Developmental Psychology. vol. 2 (1).
- (2011) Implementation of the Short Term Assessment of Risk and Treatability (START) in a Forensic High Secure Unit. International Journal of Forensic Mental Health. vol. 10 (1).
- (2011) Health care help seeking behaviour among prisoners in Norway. BMC Health Services Research. vol. 11 (301).
- (2009) Can a focused staff training programme improve the ward atmosphere and patient satisfaction in a forensic psychiatric hospital? A pilot study. Scandinavian Journal of Caring Sciences. vol. 23 (1).
- (2009) Using exercise to treat patients with severe mental illness:how and why?. Journal of Psychosocial Nursing and Mental Health Services. vol. 47 (2).
- (2009) Using Exercise to Treat Patients with Severe Mental Illness: How and Why?. Journal of Psychosocial Nursing and Mental Health Services. vol. 47 (2).
- (2008) Assessing living skills in forensic mental health care with the behavioural status index: A European network study. Psychotherapy Research. vol. 18 (3).
- (2007) Assessing risk for imminent violence in the elderly: the Brøset Violence Checklist. International Journal of Geriatric Psychiatry.
- (2007) Assessing living skills in forensic mental health care with the behavioural status index: a European network study. Psychotherapy Research. vol. 11 (1).
- (2006) Challenging behaviour in the elderly - monitoring violent incidents. International Journal of Geriatric Psychiatry. vol. 21.
- (2006) The possible role of ADHD as a criminogenic factor among prisoners. Scandinavian Journal of Forensic Science. vol. 2.