Background and activities
PhD Candidate within the Thermal Energy Research Group, at the department of Energy and Process Engineering, since October 2014. My research focuses on steady-state and dynamic process modeling, simulation and analysis of thermal power plants with CCS, for flexible operation within decarbonized power systems.
Main Supervisor: Lars Olof Nord - Associate Professor at Department of Energy and Process Engineering (NTNU)
Co-Supervisor: Magnus Korpås - Professor at Department of Electrical Power (NTNU)
Areas of Interest and Expertise
- Thermal Processes
- Process modeling, simulation and control
- Thermal Power Plants with CO2 Capture and Storage (CCS)
- Dynamic interaction between power plants and power systems
T.I.M.E. Double Degree:
- Master of Science in Industrial Engineering, Polytechnic University of Valencia (UPV), Spain (2014).
- Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering, Faculty of Engineering at Lund University (LTH), Sweden (2014).
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database
- (2017) Effects of CO2-Absorption Control Strategies on the Dynamic Performance of a Supercritical Pulverized-Coal-Fired Power Plant. Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Research. vol. 56 (15).
- (2017) Dynamic Process Model Development and Validation with Transient Plant Data Collected from an MEA Test Campaign at the CO2 Technology Center Mongstad. Energy Procedia. vol. 114.
- (2017) Dynamic Process Model Validation and Control of the Amine Plant at CO2 Technology Centre Mongstad. Energies. vol. 10.
- (2017) Demonstrating load-change transient performance of a commercial-scale natural gas combined cycle power plant with post-combustion CO2 capture. International Journal of Greenhouse Gas Control. vol. 63.
- (2017) Dynamic Simulations of the Post-combustion CO2 Capture System of a Combined Cycle Power Plant. Linköping Electronic Conference Proceedings. vol. 132.
- (2017) Dynamic modeling of a parabolic trough solar thermal power plant with thermal storage using Modelica. Heat Transfer Engineering.
- (2017) Dynamic modeling and simulation of an offshore combined heat and power (CHP) plant. Linköping Electronic Conference Proceedings.
- (2016) Identifying operational requirements for flexible CCS power plant in future energy systems. Energy Procedia. vol. 86.