Runa A. Skarbø
Background and activities
Runa A. Skarbø has been a PhD Candidate at the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering since October 2015. She holds a master's degree in Naval Architecture and Marine Technology from NTNU (2014), specializing in marine systems design and logistics.
Working title, PhD thesis: Ice drift prediction and mitigation of impact from sea ice on marine operations
Research group: Marine Civil Engineering, Technology for cold climate
Her research activity is related to the following Centres for Research-based Innovation (CRI):
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database
- (2018) An ice-drift estimation algorithm using radar and ship motion measurements. IEEE Transactions on Geoscience and Remote Sensing. vol. 56 (6).
- (2017) Ice intelligence retrieval by remote sensing - Possibilities and challenges in an operational setting. Proceedings - International Conference on Port and Ocean Engineering under Arctic Conditions.
- (2016) Follow me to the North Pole. NTNU TechZone [Internett]. 2016-09-18.
- (2016) Reiser til Nordpolen for å forske på isen. NRK [Internett]. 2016-08-07.
- (2016) Modelling iceberg drift in pack ice off North-East Greenland. Proceedings of the 23rd IAHR International Symposium on Ice 2016 (IAHR-ICE 2016).
- (2015) Emission Reduction Technology and Cost Efficiency for Ships Operating on the Northern Sea Route: A Case Study. Proceedings ASME 2015 34th International Conference on Ocean, Offshore and Arctic Engineering Volume 8: Ian Jordaan Honoring Symposium on Ice Engineering.