Background and activities
I hold a PhD (Dr. Polit) in Sociology from the University of Bergen. I have been a postdoctoral researcher in the EU-project: TRANSITIONS: Gender, Parenthood and the Changing European Workplace (2003-2006). I was the Scientific Coordinator of the EU-project FEMCIT: Gendered Citizenship in Multicultural Europe (www.femcit.eu) in the period 2008-2011. I have been appointed to two public committees: Equality Commission (Likestillingsutvalget) and Committee for Gender Balance and Diversity in Research (Kif-Komiteen). In the period 2014. 2017, I was reseracher and research leader in the project "Gender balance at top academic positions at the higher education and research institutions" funded by the Norwegian Research Council. I am co-editor of the book series Citizenship, Gender, Diversity (Palgrave Macmillan) Citizenship, Gender and Diversity | Book series home (springer.com)
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database
- (2022) The Concept of Academic Citizenship. Centre for Doctoral Training Launch Event: Unequal Academic Citizenship . Loughborough University; Online. 2022-02-09 - 2022-02-09.
- (2021) Non-citizenship and Precarity in Academia. Keystone Conference: European Universities/Critical Futures . Aarhus University; Copenhagen. 2021-12-13 - 2021-12-15.
- (2021) The Contours of Gendered Academic Citizenship. Book-launch seminar for "Gendered Academic Citizenship" ; 2021-03-23.
- (2021) Transitional Academic Citizenship. Gender Inequality and Precarity in Academia in the European Context . University of Oslo, STK; 2021-10-27.
- (2020) Gendered Academic Citizenship. Issues and Experiences. Palgrave Macmillan. 2020. ISBN 978-3-030-52600-9.
- (2020) Hva er akademisk medborgerskap, og hvordan er det "kjønnet"?. Forskerforum. vol. 52 (9).
- (2020) Kva påverkar makt og likestilling i akademia?. Kifinfo: Kjønnsbalanse og mangfold i forskning [Internett]. 2020-12-11.
- (2020) Conclusions: Gendered Academic Citizenship as a Promising Research Agenda. Gendered Academic Citizenship. Issues and Experiences.
- (2020) The Contours of Gendered Academic Citizenship. Gendered Academic Citizenship. Issues and Experiences.
- (2017) Kjønnsbalanse i akademiske toppstillinger - med blikk for brytninger og nye muligheter. Tidsskrift for kjønnsforskning. vol. 41 (1).
- (2017) New waves for old rights? Women’s mobilization and bodily rights in Turkey and Norway. The European Journal of Women's Studies. vol. 24 (1).
- (2016) Farefull ferd mot toppen. Ferdig Forska? Kjønnsbalanse i akademia, hva vet vi? . Kif-Komiteen, KILDEN, Forskningsrådet; Oslo. 2016-12-14.
- (2016) Life-Course Oriented Working Time Options. The Case of Norway. New Regulations and Empirical Findings in five European Countries..
- (2014) The Nordic Approach to Work and Care: Challenges on the way to inclusive citizenship. Tidsskrift for kjønnsforskning.
- (2014) Gendered Citizenship in a Multidimensional Perspective: The Challenges Facing Norway within the Nordic Model. NORA - Nordic Journal of Feminist and Gender Research. vol. 22 (4).
- (2013) Lived Citizenship: Insights from a multi-dimensional approach. Ida Blom Conference: Gendered Citizenship . Universitetet i Bergen, Uni Rokkansenteret; Bergen. 2013-10-14 - 2013-10-15.
- (2012) Remaking Citizenship in Multicultural Europe: Women's Movements, Gender and Diversity. Palgrave Macmillan. 2012. ISBN 978-0-230-27628-4.
- (2010) Towards a European Gender Regime? The European Union as a Supranational Actor of Gender Policy. ISA World Congress of Sociology . International Sociological Association; Gothenburg. 2010-07-11 - 2010-07-17.
- (2009) Parents and organisational change: a cross-sector comparison of two Norwegian organisations. Work, families and organisations in transitions. European perspectives.
- (2009) European Gender Regimes and Policies: Comparative Perspectives. Ashgate. 2009. ISBN 978-0-7546-7086-5.
- (2008) Becoming Working Mothers: Reconciling Work and Family at Three Particular Workplaces in Norway, the UK and Portugal. Community, Work and Family. vol. 11 (4).
- (2002) Global Issues/Local Troubles: A Comparative Study of Turkish and Norwegian Urban Dual-Earner Couples. Universitetet i Bergen. 2002.
- (1998) Incongruent Modernities: A Comparative Study of Higher Educated Women from Urban Turkey and Norway. Acta Sociologica. vol. 41 (2).