Background and activities
I am affiliated with Research team at NTNU, Department of Marine Technology.
Area of work
- Offshore oil and gas industry
- Onshore petroleum industry
- LNG and LPG plant.
Skills and Experience
- Risk assessment
- Process safety
- Process design
- Loss prevention engineering.
- Master of Science in Offshore Technology (specialization Risk Management), University of Stavanger, Norway
- Bachelor of Science in Chemical Engineering, Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology.
- Senior Technical Safety Engineer at DynSoL AS (2014 to present)
- Safety and Environmental Engineer at DynSoL Consulting Limited (2012-2013)
- Chemical Engineer, ABL Textiles Limited (2007-2009).
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2019) Identifying safety indicators for safety performance measurement using a system engineering approach. Process Safety and Environmental Protection.
- (2019) Hazard analysis: Application of STPA to ship-to-ship transfer of LNG. Journal of Loss Prevention in the Process Industries. vol. 60.
- (2017) Industry Best Practice Risk based design for LPG Facility: Gap in Bangladesh practice. Journal of Chemical Engineering. vol. 30 (1).
Part of book/report
- (2020) Inherent safety assessment: current state of the art and why is still not effectively adopted by industry. e-proceedings of the 30th European Safety and Reliability Conference and 15th Probabilistic Safety Assessment and Management Conference (ESREL2020 PSAM15).
- (2018) How systems engineering may be useful in preparing FMECA—lesson learnt from a practical case. Safety and Reliability – Safe Societies in a Changing World. Proceedings of ESREL 2018, June 17-21, 2018, Trondheim, Norway.