Background and activities
I am currently a PhD candidate in the Department of Materials Science and Engineering, as part of the corrosion and surface science research group. I completed my master's degree in Physics from IIT Delhi.
I am originally from India and have been in Norway since 2015.
As a PhD, I work on corrosion of Aluminium alloys. This is part of the project "Fundamentals of Intergranular Corrosion in Aluminum Alloys (FICAL)", where the ambition is to understand intergranular corrosion. More specifically I work with 6000 series aluminium alloy. I am studying Initiation and Propagation of Intergranular Corrosion in 6000 series aluminium alloy. The aim is to optimize the corrosion properties of Aluminium alloy so that it can be used an alternative material for automotive industry.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database
- (2018) Initiation and Propagation of Intergranular Corrosion on AA6005 Aluminium Alloy with Low Copper Content. ASST 2018 ; Helsingør. 2018-05-27 - 2018-05-31.
- (2018) Nature and role of external cathodes in intergranular corrosion of AA6005 aluminium alloy. Gordon Research Conference ; New London, NH. 2018-07-08 - 2018-07-13.
- (2017) Initiation of Intergranular Corrosion on Extruded AA6005 Aluminium Alloy with Low Copper Content. 232nd Meeting of The Electrochemical Society . The Eletrochemical Society; Gaylord National Resort National Harbor, MD. 2017-10-01 - 2017-10-05.
- (2017) One-pot ultrasonic spray pyrolysis mediated hollow Mg0.25Cu0.25Zn0.5Fe2O4/NiFe2O4 nanocomposites: A promising anode material for high-performance lithium-ion battery. Journal of Alloys and Compounds. vol. 725.
- (2016) Initiation of Intergranular Corrosion on AA6005 Aluminium Alloy with Low Copper Content. Gordon Research Conference ; Colby Sawyer College, New London, NH. 2016-07-10 - 2016-07-15.