Sigrid Johanne Husøy
Background and activities
I have a MSc in Economics from the Norwegian School of Economics (NHH), and I started my Ph.D. in health economics at the Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU) in January, 2017.
My research is about social unequality in health care utulization among children in Norway. Systematic differences in health care utilization between differet groups in society can enhance already existing inequalities. By uncovering for whom, where and when these inequalities arise, we can target resources to those who need it the most.
I am a part of an interdiciplinary research prosject financed by the Norwegian Research Council (NFR). The project aims to study collaborative challenges between service levels by investigating how system pressures might induce service providers to shift patients to another level in the health care sector. The project is a collaboration between the Department of Economics and the Department for Social Medicine and Nursing at NTNU.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database
- (2019) Forsker Grand Prix - Ulikhet i helse. NRK2 [TV]. 2019-01-05.
- (2019) Health care utilisation among children of transnational marriages. Scottish Economic Society Conference 2019 . Scottish Economic Society; Perth. 2019-04-08 - 2019-04-09.
- (2019) Health utilisation among children of transnational marriages. Helsetjenesteforskningskonferansen 2019 . Nasjonal nettverk for helsetjenesteforskning; Trondheim. 2019-03-13 - 2019-03-14.
- (2019) Forstå sammenhengene. Ungdommens Forskernatt . Forskningsdagene; Trondheim. 2019-09-27.
- (2018) Sommerseminar om kapasitetspress i helsetjenesten. Seminar med brukerorganisasjoner og klinikere ; 2018-06-13 - 2018-06-13.
- (2018) Frykter at innvandrerbarn diskrimineres i helsevesenet. Adresseavisen [Avis]. 2018-08-17.
- (2018) How variation in the flow of asylum seekers affects pressure on primary health care. our 17th biennial ESHMS Conference . the European Society for Health and Medical Sociology; Lisbon. 2018-06-06 - 2018-06-08.
- (2018) Inequality in health care utilization between children of native and immigrant parents. Workshop in Health Economics ; Geilo. 2018-03-05 - 2018-03-07.
- (2018) Inequality in health care utilization between children of native and immigrant parents. Helsetjenesteforskningskonferansen 2018 . Nasjonalt nettverk for helsetjenesteforskning; Oslo. 2018-03-12 - 2018-03-13.
- (2018) Inequality in health care utilization between children of native and immigrant parents. 17th biennial ESHMS Conference . the European Society for Health and Medical Sociology; Lisbon. 2018-06-06 - 2018-06-08.
- (2018) Sosial ulikhet i helse. Forsker Grand Prix . Forskningsrådet; Byscenen, Trondheim. 2018-09-27 - 2018-09-27.