Background and activities
PhD-candidate since the spring 2013. Master's degree in Engineering Cybernetics from 2011. Worked at SINTEF Mathematics and Cybernetics (previously Applied Cybernetics) from 2011. Founded Albrektsen Engineering in 2010. In 2014 he stayed at NASA's Jet Propulsion Lab (JPL) where he worked with throw-and-go drones.
Sigurd has developed the sensor timing board (SenTiBoard), previously known as the SyncBoard, which is used for reading sensor data through a variety of protocols, attaching accurate timestamps to the sensor messages and transmitting this data through a USB interface. The SenTiBoard is designed to be end-user configurable without altering the firmware. For details, see https://sentiboard.com
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
Part of book/report
- (2017) SyncBoard - A high accuracy sensor timing board for UAV payloads. 2017 International Conference on Unmanned Aircraft Systems.
- (2017) Navigation of UAV using Phased Array Radio. 2017 Workshop on Research, Education and Development of Unmanned Aerial Systems (RED-UAS).
- (2016) Network of heterogeneous autonomous vehicles for marine research and management. OCEANS 2016 MTS/IEEE Monterey.
- (2015) Inertial Optical Flow for Throw-and-Go Micro Air Vehicles. 2015 IEEE Winter Conference on Applications of Computer Vision (WACV).
- (2012) Safe Robot Learning by Energy Limitation. Intelligent Robotics and Applications : 5th International Conference, ICIRA 2012, Montreal, QC, Canada, October 3-5, 2012, Proceedings, Part III.