Background and activities
My personal homepage with articles and recorded lectures: https://lightbits.github.io
I co-founded Ascend NTNU in 2015. This is a robotics group at the roof of El-bygget that builds autonomous drones for hopefully good causes, and participate in the annual International Aerial Robotics Competition.
I once gave a talk about computer vision and my work at Ascend: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qR8jiQ6PqcM
I also gave a talk about a debugging tool I have worked on for a while: https://lightbits.github.io/vdb/
My master thesis introduced constructive solid geometry to SLAM.
Since 2017 I am a Ph.D student at Engineering Cybernetics (ITK). My work is basically about computer vision in the air. Here are some keywords that might strike you fancy for a conversation:
- Teleoperation of small flying vehicles
- SLAM, visual odometry, localization, pose estimation, multi-view stereo, sfm
- Human-Robot Interaction (HRI)
- 3D mapping for pilot visualization
- 3D mapping with low resolution sensors
Main supervisor: Annette Stahl
Co-supervisors: Edmund Brekke, Tor Arne Johansen