Background and activities
I'm a PhD student and part of the Information Systems and Software Engineering (ISSE) group. My research focuses around the design, implementation and use of Welfare Technology (velferdsteknologi). This technology is seen to have a major role in solving demographic challenges (such as population ageing and the higher demand for healthcare services). It aims to increase the user's security, safety, social participation, mobility, and participation in physical and cultural activities (Helsedirektoratet 2012). My goal is to investigate the digital transformation of healthcare and the establishment of platform ecosystems by the example of Welfare Technology.
I've a background in Computer Science and Health Informatics, and experience in the design and implementation of web and mobile applications (mainly in the area of healthcare). Previous research experience includes work in LMIC and health care settings. Prior to starting my PhD, I worked as a Public Health Informatician at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) where my focus was on the integration of environmental health data in Electronic Health Record (EHR) systems using HL7 FHIR.
- 2017-2018: Public Health Informatics Fellow, CDC, Atlanta GA
- 2015-2017: Consultant and Software Developer, self-employed, Vienna
- 2014-2015: Software Developer, humediQ, Munich
- 2013-2014: Research Assistant, Karolinska Istitute, Stockholm
- 2013: MSc Health Informatics, Karolinska Institute, Stockholm
- 2010: BSc Computer Science, Linnaeus University, Växjö
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database
- (2021) Sociotechnical Challenges of eHealth Technology for Patient Self-management: A Systematic Review. Proceedings of the 14th International Joint Conference on Biomedical Engineering Systems and Technologies, Volume 5: HEALTHINF.
- (2021) Use of Information Systems in an Intensive Form of Mental Health Home Treatment. Studies in Health Technology and Informatics - Proceedings of MIE 2021.
- (2020) Foreword IRIS43: Digitalization in times of transition. Selected Papers of the IRIS, Issue Nr 11.
- (2020) Scaling Participation - What Does the Concept of Managed Communities Offer for Participatory Design?. PDC '20: Proceedings of the 16th Participatory Design Conference 2020 - Participation(s) Otherwise - Volume 2.
- (2019) Psychiatric Home Treatment for Inpatient Care - Design, Implementation and Participation. NOKOBIT - Norsk konferanse for organisasjoners bruk av informasjonsteknologi. vol. 27 (1).
- (2017) Use and Adaptation of Open Source Software for Capacity Building to Strengthen Health Research in Low- and Middle-Income Countries. Informatics for Health: Connected Citizen-Led Wellness and Population Health.
- (2014) Towards an Electronic Health Record System in Vietnam: A Core Readiness Assessment. Journal of Health Informatics in Developing Countries. vol. 8 (2).