Background and activities
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2022) Cardiorenal syndrome and the association with fitness: Data from a telerehabilitation randomized clinical trial. ESC Heart Failure.
- (2022) Direction- and Angle-Assisted Buttonhole Cannulation of Arteriovenous Fistula in Hemodialysis Patients: A Multicenter Randomized Controlled Trial. Kidney Medicine. vol. 4 (2).
- (2021) Increased risk of ischaemic heart disease after kidney donation. Nephrology, Dialysis and Transplantation.
- (2021) Circulating microRNAs May Serve as Biomarkers for Hypertensive Emergency End-Organ Injuries and Address Underlying Pathways in an Animal Model. Frontiers in Cardiovascular Medicine. vol. 7 (431).
- (2021) The causal effects of serum lipids and apolipoproteins on kidney function: Multivariable and bidirectional Mendelian-randomization analyses. International Journal of Epidemiology. vol. 50 (5).
- (2021) Discovery and prioritization of variants and genes for kidney function in >1.2 million individuals. Nature Communications. vol. 12 (1).
- (2021) Trans-ethnic Mendelian-randomization study reveals causal relationships between cardiometabolic factors and chronic kidney disease. International Journal of Epidemiology. vol. 50 (6).
- (2020) Physicians’ Recognition and Management of Kidney Disease: A Randomized Vignette Study Evaluating the Impact of the KDIGO 2012 CKD Classification System. Kidney Medicine.
- (2020) Hypertensive nephrosclerosis: wider kidney biopsy indications may be needed to improve diagnostics. Journal of Internal Medicine.
- (2020) Increased long-term risk for hypertension in kidney donors – a retrospective cohort study. Transplant International. vol. 33 (5).
- (2020) Clinical phenotypes and long-term prognosis in white patients with biopsy-verified hypertensive nephrosclerosis. Kidney International Reports. vol. 5 (3).
- (2019) Adiposity and risk of decline in glomerular filtration rate: Meta-analysis of individual participant data in a global consortium. The BMJ. vol. 364:k5301.
- (2019) Sex-specific and pleiotropic effects underlying kidney function identified from GWAS meta-analysis. Nature Communications. vol. 10:1847.
- (2019) Implementing the European Renal Best Practice Guidelines suggests that prediction equations work well to differentiate risk of end-stage renal disease vs. death in older patients with low estimated glomerular filtration rate. Kidney International. vol. 96 (3).
- (2019) Gene expression studies and targeted metabolomics reveal disturbed serine, methionine, and tyrosine metabolism in early hypertensive nephrosclerosis. Kidney International Reports. vol. 4 (2).
- (2018) Different rates of progression and mortality in patients with chronic kidney disease at outpatient nephrology clinics across Europe. Kidney International. vol. 93 (6).
- (2018) Relationship of estimated GFR and albuminuria to concurrent laboratory abnormalities: An individual participant data meta-analysis in a global consortium. American Journal of Kidney Diseases.
- (2018) Serum potassium and adverse outcomes across the range of kidney function: A CKD Prognosis Consortium meta-analysis. European Heart Journal. vol. 39 (17).
- (2017) Metabolomics and Gene Expression Analysis Reveal Down-regulation of the Citric Acid (TCA) Cycle in Non-diabetic CKD Patients. EBioMedicine. vol. 26.
- (2016) CKD prevalence varies across the European general population. Journal of the American Society of Nephrology. vol. 27 (7).