Background and activities
- Computational Geotechnics, in particular constitutive modeling of soil. Numerical modeling for geotechnical design. Applications of geomechanical modeling related to Geohazards.
- TBA4100 Geotechnics and geology - Introductory course
- TBA4116 Geotechnical Engineering - Advanced course
- BA8304 Soil Modelling - Post graduate course, a one week course 2016, 2018...
- BA8305 Geodynamics - Post graduate course, a one or two weeks course 2017, 2019...
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2019) Relations and Links Between Soil Mechanics, Porous Media Physics, Physiochemical Theory, and Effective Medium Theory. Frontiers in Physics. vol. 7.
- (2018) Improved geotechnical properties in salt-treated highly sensitive landslide-prone clays. Proceedings of the Institution of Civil Engineers : Geotechnical Engineering. vol. 171 (3).
- (2018) Shear bands in undrained plane strain compression of Norwegian quick clays. Canadian geotechnical journal (Print). vol. 55 (1).
- (2018) Laboratory investigation of performance of a screen type debris-flow countermeasure. HKIE Transactions. vol. 25 (2).
- (2017) Isogeometric analysis of THM coupled processes in ground freezing. Computers and geotechnics. vol. 88.
- (2017) IMPLEMENTATION OF NON-NEWTONIAN RHEOLOGY FOR DEBRIS FLOW SIMULATION WITH REEF3D. Proceedings of the 37th IAHR World Congress.
- (2017) In Situ Improvement of Highly Sensitive Clays by Potassium Chloride Migration. Journal of Geotechnical and Geoenvironmental Engineering. vol. 143 (10).
- (2017) Effectiveness of resistivity cone penetration tests in salt-treated highly sensitive clay. Proceedings of the Institution of Civil Engineers. Ground improvement. vol. 170 (3).
- (2017) Investigation of the change in soil fabric during cone penetration in silt using 2D measurements. Acta Geotechnica. vol. 13 (1).
- (2016) Constitutive model for rate-independent behavior of saturated frozen soils. Canadian geotechnical journal (Print). vol. 53 (10).
- (2016) Discussion of ‘Soil creep effects on ground lateral deformation and pore water pressure under embankments’. Geomechanics and Geoengineering. vol. 11 (1).
- (2016) Microscopy techniques for viewing the inner structure of shear bands in sensitive clays. ASTM geotechnical testing journal. vol. 39 (4).
- (2016) Impact vibration test of monopile foundation model in dry sand. International Journal of Physical Modelling in Geotechnics. vol. 16 (2).
- (2015) Adaptive isogeometric finite element analysis of steady-state groundwater flow. International journal for numerical and analytical methods in geomechanics (Print). vol. 40.
- (2015) Long-term-effect of potassium chloride treatment on improving the soil behavior of highly sensitive clay – Ulvensplitten, Norway. Canadian geotechnical journal (Print). vol. 53 (3).
- (2015) Microstructural study of deformation zones during cone penetration in silt at variable penetration rates. Canadian geotechnical journal (Print). vol. 52 (12).
- (2014) Experimental study of strain localization in sensitive clays. Acta Geotechnica. vol. 9 (2).
- (2013) Micro-level investigation of the in situ shear vane failure geometry in sensitive clay. Geotechnique. vol. 63 (14).
- (2013) Microstructural observations of shear zones in sensitive clay. Engineering Geology. vol. 163.
- (2013) Soil deformation around a penetrating cone in silt. Geotechnique Letters. vol. 3.