Sverre Helge Torp
Background and activities
Professor (in medicine (pathology)), Dept of Clinical and Molecular Medicine, NTNU.
Consultant Neuropathologist at Department of Pathology and Medical Genetics, St. Olavs Hospital, Trondheim University Hospital.
Main field of research
Anatomy (including neuroanatomy), histology, general and systemic pathology (including neuropathology).
Nominated to Best Teacher Award at Faculty of Medicine, NTNU, 2005 and 2016-18.
Received the Best Teacher Award at the Faculty of Medicine, NTNU in 2006.
In 2007 the Department of Morphology (six professors) received the SINTEF prize by NTNU for excellent teaching for its course in general pathology.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2020) MGMT promoter methylation status Is not related to histological or radiological features in IDH wild-type glioblastomas. Journal of Neuropathology and Experimental Neurology. vol. 79 (8).
- (2020) Brain tumour diagnostics using a DNA methylation-based classifier as a diagnostic support tool. Neuropathology and Applied Neurobiology.
- (2020) Is the anatomical distribution of low-grade gliomas linked to regions of gliogenesis?. Journal of Neuro-Oncology. vol. 147.
- (2019) HER3 and HER4 are highly expressed in human meningiomas. Pathology, Research and Practice. vol. 215 (10).
- (2019) Intraoperative 3D ultrasound-guided resection of diffuse low-grade gliomas: radiological and clinical results. Journal of Neurosurgery. vol. 132 (2).
- (2019) Microglia and macrophages in human glioblastomas: A morphological and immunohistochemical study. Molecular and clinical oncology. vol. 11 (1).
- (2019) Correlation Between Digital and Manual Determinations of Ki-67/MIB-1 Proliferative Indices in Human Meningiomas. International Journal of Surgical Pathology.
- (2019) Effect of Ultrasound on the Vasculature and Extravasation of Nanoscale Particles Imaged in Real Time. Ultrasound in Medicine and Biology. vol. 45 (11).
- (2018) Multi-modal characterization of vasculature and nanoparticle accumulation in five tumor xenograft models. Journal of Controlled Release. vol. 279.
- (2018) Expression and prognostic value of HER3 and HER4 in meningiomas - an immunohistochemical study. Neuro-Oncology. vol. 20.
- (2018) Prognostic value of ErbB2/HER2 in human meningiomas. PLOS ONE. vol. 13 (10).
- (2018) The relationship between tumour-associated macrophages and glioblastoma growth. Neuropathology and Applied Neurobiology. vol. 44.
- (2018) Angiogenesis and radiological tumor growth in patients with glioblastoma. BMC Cancer. vol. 18:862.
- (2018) P04.35 Preoperative tumor growth and microvessel density measurements in patients with glioblastoma. Neuro-Oncology. vol. 20.
- (2018) MNGI-29. Prognostic value of c-erbB2/HER2 expression in human meningiomas. Neuro-Oncology. vol. 20.
- (2017) Expression and clinical value of EGFR in human meningiomas. PeerJ. vol. 2017 (3).
- (2017) Surgical resection versus watchful waiting in low-grade gliomas. Annals of Oncology. vol. 28 (8).
- (2017) Primary Porcine Brain Endothelial Cells as In Vitro Model to Study Effects of Ultrasound and Microbubbles on Blood-Brain Barrier Function. IEEE Transactions on Ultrasonics, Ferroelectrics and Frequency Control. vol. 64 (1).
- (2017) Histopathologic features in relation to pretreatment tumor growth in patients with glioblastoma. World Neurosurgery. vol. 109.
- (2017) Tumor volume assessment in low-grade gliomas: a comparison of preoperative magnetic resonance imaging to coregistered intraoperative 3-dimensional ultrasound recordings. Neurosurgery. vol. 83 (2).