Background and activities
Spesialist ICP-MS I
1) Element 2 (ICP-HR-MS)
2) Agilent 8800 (ICP-QQQ-MS)
Posibillities to determine approx. 70 elements, in all types of materials.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2019) Benzotriazoles, Benzothiazoles and Trace Elements in an Urban Road Setting in Trondheim, Norway: Re-Visiting the Chemical Markers of Traffic Pollution. Science of the Total Environment. vol. 649.
- (2019) Using an apex predator for large-scale monitoring of trace element contamination: Associations with environmental, anthropogenic and dietary proxies. Science of the Total Environment. vol. 676.
- (2019) Elemental content of brown crab (Cancer pagurus) - Is it safe for human consumption? A recent case study from Mausund, Norway. Science of the Total Environment.
- (2019) Characterization and bioaccessibility assessment of elements in urban aerosols by extraction with simulated lung fluids. Environmental Chemistry and Ecotoxicology. vol. 1.
- (2018) On the application of ICP-MS techniques for measuring uranium and plutonium: a Nordic inter-laboratory comparison exercise. Journal of Radioanalytical and Nuclear Chemistry. vol. 315 (3).
- (2018) Geographical distribution of trace elements in natural surface soils: Atmospheric influence from natural and anthropogenic sources. Applied Geochemistry. vol. 88.
- (2017) Trace element concentrations in feathers and blood of Northern goshawk (Accipiter gentilis) nestlings from Norway and Spain. Ecotoxicology and Environmental Safety. vol. 144.
- (2017) Blood and feather concentrations of toxic elements in a Baltic and an Arctic seabird population. Marine Pollution Bulletin. vol. 114 (2).
- (2017) Low copper levels associated with low carcass weight in wild red deer (Cervus elaphus) in Norway. Journal of Wildlife Diseases. vol. 53 (1).
- (2017) Trace elements in native and transplanted Fontinalis antipyretica and Platyhypnidium riparioides from rivers polluted by uranium mining. Chemosphere. vol. 171.
- (2016) Differential bioaccumulation of potentially toxic elements in benthic and pelagic food chains in Lake Baikal. Environmental science and pollution research international. vol. 23.
- (2016) DNA double-strand breaks in incubating female common eiders (Somateria mollissima): Comparison between a low and a high polluted area. Environmental Research. vol. 151.
- (2016) Antioxidant Responses in Relation to Persistent Organic Pollutantsand Metals in a Low- and a High-Exposure Population of Seabirds. Environmental Science and Technology. vol. 50.
- (2015) Effect of diet, location and sampling year on bioaccumulation of mercury, selenium and cadmium in pelagic feeding seabirds in Svalbard. Chemosphere. vol. 122.
- (2015) Chemical composition of vegetation along urbanisation gradients in two European cities. Environmental Pollution (1987). vol. 198.
- (2015) Source attribution of Pu deposited on natural surface soils. Journal of Radioanalytical and Nuclear Chemistry. vol. 304 (3).
- (2014) Geographical and botanical variation in concentrations of copper, molybdenum, sulphur and iron in sheep pasture plants in Norway. Acta agriculturae Scandinavica. Section A, Animal science. vol. 64 (3).
- (2014) Geographical and botanical variation in concentrations of selenium, cobalt, iodine, zinc and other essential elements in sheep pasture plants in Norway. Acta agriculturae Scandinavica. Section A, Animal science. vol. 64 (3).
- (2013) Temporal trends (1986-2005) of essential and non-essential elements in a terrestrial raptor in northern Europe. Science of the Total Environment. vol. 458.
- (2012) Manganese in cerebrospinal fluid and blood plasma of patients with amyotrophic lateral sclerosis. Experimental biology and medicine. vol. 237 (7).