Background and activities
I am a PhD Candidate in the department of Chemical Engineering, NTNU under supervision of Ass. Prof. Johannes Jäschke and co-supervisor Prof. Sigurd Skogestad. My PhD project is titled "Estimation of unmeasured variables in subsea systems" and is a sub project under the SUBPRO center for research (a.k.a Subsea production and processing). My project includes developing simplified control-oriented process models for separators (such as, gravity separators, and cyclonic separators: deoilers and dewateres) and flow meters that are used in subsea oil and gas production and processing. These models will facilitate estimation of variables, such as separation efficiency, droplet sizes, flow rates etc. that are not directly measured in subsea systems. The state estimation methods likely to be used in this project could span from basic Kalman filtering to state-of-the-art moving horizon estimation.
My Background: I am an Indian national born in Jabalpur, India. I graduated with a Bachelor in Chemical Engineering from Indian institute of Technology Bombay in 2010. I received a Master of Science in Chemical and Energy Engineering from Otto-von-Guericke University, Magdeburg, Germany in 2015. I have one year of industrial experience working as a Graduate Engineer at ONGC Petro-additions Limited, Bharuch, India and further 7 months of industrial experience working on my Master Thesis at BASF, Ludwigshafen, Germany.
My research interests include: modeling of separation processes, modeling of multiphase flows and multiphase separation, state estimation, and dynamic optimization for optimal control.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database
- (2017) A model for subsea oil-water gravity separator to estimate unmeasured disturbances. Computer-aided chemical engineering. vol. 40.
- (2016) A Simplified Dynamic Model of a Continuous Subsea Oil-Water Gravity Separator for Estimation of Unmeasurable Oil and Water Purities. Annual meeting / American Institute of Chemical Engineers (AICHE).
- (2016) Modelling and optimization of compact subsea liquid-liquid separation system. Computer-aided chemical engineering. vol. 38.
- (2017) Pathfollowing approach for a sensitivity based moving horizon estimator. 2017 IEEE 56th Annual Conference on Decision and Control (CDC) ; Melbourne. 2017-12-12 - 2017-12-15.
- (2016) Estimation of Unmeasured Oil and Water Purities for a Continuous Subsea Gravity Separator. Nordic Process Control Workshop ; 2016-08-25 - 2016-08-26.