Background and activities
PhD in Science and Technology Studies, Institute of interdisciplinary studies of culture, NTNU and master degree in anthrolpology from the University of Amsterdam. Main research focus is on foodsystems and food culture and furthermore immigration and integration.
Projects: immigration and nutrition, livestyle and health; overeight and obesity among children in rural areas; ADHD and weight.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database
- (2021) Risk factors for overweight and obesity among children in Frøya. Scandinavian Journal of Public Health. vol. 49.
- (2020) "Best before, often good after": Re-scripting the date label of food in Norway. Nordic Journal of Science and Technology Studies. vol. 8 (1).
- (2020) Black boxing milk: Date labeling, quality and waste throughout the Norwegian milk chain. Food and Foodways. vol. 28 (1).
- (2015) Community and Schism among the Old-Colony Mennonites of Belize: A Case Study. Journal of Mennonite Studies. vol. 33.
- (2006) From Collective Body to Individual Mind: Religious Change in an Old Colony Mennonite Community in Belize. Journal of Mennonite Studies. vol. 24.
- (2009) Between horse & buggy and four-wheel drive: change and diversity among Mennonite settlements in Belize, Central America. VU University Press. 2009. ISBN 9789086593323.
Part of book/report
- (2021) From Grandmother’s Kitchen to Festivals and Professional Chef: The Standardization and Ritualization of Arab Food in Argentina. Objectification and Standardization On the Limits and Effects of Ritually Fixing and Measuring Life.
- (2017) Den arabiske maten til levantiske innvandrere til Argentina: Autentisitet og standardisering av folk og mat. Trangen til å telle. Objektivering, måling og standardisering som samfunnspraksis.
- (2020) From Food Regulation to Environmental Challenge: The Construction, Practice and Consequences of Date Labelling in Norway. 2020.
- (2019) Det lille merket på pakken. Årsmøte i SSG . Sensorisk Studie Gruppe; 2019-04-25 - 2019-04-25.
- (2019) Encountering rotten food? Risk, disgust and the expiration date. Nordic Science and Technology Conference ; Tampere. 2019-06-13 - 2019-06-14.
- (2019) What a difference a date makes – value, knowledge and the expiration date of food. 18th Annual STS Conference Graz ; 2019-05-06 - 2019-05-07.
- (2018) The Imagination and Creation of a Levantine Cuisine and Taste in Argentina. EASA2018: Staying, Moving, Settling . European Association of Social Anthropologists; Stockholm. 2018-08-14 - 2018-08-17.
- (2018) Best før, ofte god etter (Best before, often good after) – the construction, practice and consequences of the expiration date of food in Norway. EASST 2018, Lancaster ; Lancaster. 2018-07-25 - 2018-07-28.
- (2016) Kibbeh, Quebbe, Kupi: Standardizing processes, fuzzyness and authenticity of Levantine taste and cuisine in Argentina. Departmental Seminar . Social Anthropology Department, NTNU; Trondheim. 2016-02-04.
- (2016) Levantines in Argentina a hundred years after immigration: From geographical to social mobility. Norwegian Network for the Anthropology of Mobilities Workshop . Norwegian Network for the Anthropology of Mobilities Worksho; Granada. 2016-04-27 - 2016-04-30.
- (2016) Norge sett med utenfraøyne: Å nærme seg en nordmann. Ukeadressa [Avis]. 2016-08-05.
- (2015) Syrian and Lebanese Immigration Then and Now: Immigration Standards and Immigrant Social Mobility in Argentina and Western Europe. The Cultural Logic of Facts and Figures. Final conference . CUFF project. Department of Social Anthropology. NTNU; Trondheim. 2015-12-16 - 2015-12-18.