Tom Eirik Mollnes
Background and activities
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2021) Investigating novel biomarkers of immune activation and modulation in the context of sedentary behaviour: a multicentre prospective ischemic stroke cohort study. BMC Neurology. vol. 21 (1).
- (2021) Neopterin and kynurenic acid as predictors of stroke recurrence and mortality: a multicentre prospective cohort study on biomarkers of inflammation measured three months after ischemic stroke. BMC Neurology. vol. 21 (1).
- (2021) The lytic polysaccharide monooxygenase CbpD promotes Pseudomonas aeruginosa virulence in systemic infection. Nature Communications. vol. 12:1230.
- (2021) Complement activation is associated with poor outcome after out-of-hospital cardiac arrest. Resuscitation.
- (2021) Hemorrhagic shock induces a rapid transcriptomic shift of the immune balance in leukocytes after experimental multiple injury. Mediators of Inflammation. vol. 2021:6654318.
- (2021) Impact of a Vancomycin-Induced Shift of the Gut Microbiome in a Gram-Negative Direction on Plasma Factor VIII:C Levels: Results from a Randomized Controlled Trial. Thrombosis and Haemostasis.
- (2021) Combined blockade of complement C5 and TLR co-receptor CD14 synergistically inhibits pig-to-human corneal xenograft induced innate inflammatory responses. Acta Biomaterialia. vol. 127.
- (2021) The allosteric modulation of complement c5 by knob domain peptides. eLIFE. vol. 10.
- (2021) A conformational change of complement C5 is required for thrombin-mediated cleavage, revealed by a novel ex vivo human whole blood model preserving full thrombin activity. Journal of Immunology. vol. 207 (6).
- (2021) Mitochondrial C5aR1 activity in macrophages controls IL-1β production underlying sterile inflammation. Science immunology. vol. 6.
- (2021) A porcine model of hemodialyzer reactions: roles of complement activation and rinsing back of extracorporeal blood. Renal failure. vol. 43 (1).
- (2021) Increased complement activation 3 to 6 h after trauma is a predictor of prolonged mechanical ventilation and multiple organ dysfunction syndrome: a prospective observational study. Molecular medicine (Cambridge, Mass. Print). vol. 27.
- (2021) Electron Beam Sterilization of Poly(Methyl Methacrylate)—Physicochemical and Biological Aspects. Macromolecular Bioscience. vol. 21 (4).
- (2021) Tuning gelatin-based hydrogel towards bioadhesive ocular tissue engineering applications. Bioactive Materials. vol. 6 (11).
- (2021) Elevated plasma concentration of complement factor C5 is associated with risk of future venous thromboembolism. Blood. vol. 138 (21).
- (2021) Patient derived colonoids as drug testing platforms-Critical importance of oxygen concentration. Frontiers in Pharmacology. vol. 12:679741.
- (2021) Air Bubbles Activate Complement and Trigger Hemostasis and C3-Dependent Cytokine Release Ex Vivo in Human Whole Blood. Journal of Immunology. vol. 2021 (207 (11)).
- (2021) Open chest and pericardium facilitate transpulmonary passage of venous air emboli. Acta Anaesthesiologica Scandinavica. vol. 65 (5).
- (2021) Rapid systemic surge of IL-33 after severe human trauma: a prospective observational study. Molecular medicine (Cambridge, Mass. Print). vol. 27.
- (2021) Increased Local Inflammatory Response to MOC31PE Immunotoxin After Cytoreductive Surgery and Hyperthermic Intraperitoneal Chemotherapy. Annals of Surgical Oncology.