Tom Eirik Mollnes
Background and activities
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2020) Intestinal inflammatory profile shows increase in a diversity of biomarkers in irritable bowel syndrome. Scandinavian Journal of Gastroenterology. vol. 55 (5).
- (2020) TLR8 and complement C5 induce cytokine release and thrombin activation in human whole blood challenged with Gram-positive bacteria. Journal of Leukocyte Biology. vol. 107 (4).
- (2020) Anti-inflammatory effects of non-statin low-density lipoprotein cholesterol-lowering drugs: an unused potential?. Scandinavian Cardiovascular Journal.
- (2020) Endotoxin removal in septic shock with the Alteco LPS Adsorber was safe but showed no benefit compared to placebo in the double-blind randomized controlled trial - the Asset Study. Shock. vol. 54 (2).
- (2020) Gut microbiota-dependent trimethylamine N-oxide associates with inflammation in common variable immunodeficiency. Frontiers in Immunology. vol. 57:574500.
- (2020) Complement in sepsis—when science meets clinics. FEBS Letters.
- (2020) Cholesterol crystals use complement to increase NLRP3 signaling pathways in coronary and carotid atherosclerosis. EBioMedicine. vol. 60:102985.
- (2020) Complement component C3 and the TLR co-receptor CD14 are not involved in angiotensin II induced cardiac remodelling. Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications - BBRC. vol. 523 (4).
- (2020) Avoiding ambient air in test tubes during incubations of human whole-blood minimizes complement background activation. JIM - Journal of Immunological Methods.
- (2020) Intestinal epithelial cells express immunomodulatory ISG15 during active ulcerative colitis and Crohn's disease. Journal of Crohn's and colitis. vol. 14 (7).
- (2019) Key role of the number of complement receptor 1 on erythrocytes for binding of Escherichia coli to erythrocytes and for leukocyte phagocytosis and oxidative burst in human whole blood. Molecular Immunology. vol. 114.
- (2019) Changes in cytokines during treatment of elderly, hospitalized psychiatric patients - a naturalistic study. Psychoneuroendocrinology. vol. 108.
- (2019) Elevated complement C3 and C4 levels are associated with postnatal pregnancy-related venous thrombosis. Thrombosis and Haemostasis. vol. 119 (9).
- (2019) The synthetic antimicrobial peptide LTX21 induces inflammatory responses in a human whole blood model and a murine peritoneum model. Acta Pathologica, Microbiologica et Immunologica Scandinavica (APMIS). vol. 127 (6).
- (2019) Cholesterol Crystals Induce coagulation Activation through Complement-Dependent Expression of Monocytic Tissue Factor. Journal of Immunology. vol. 203 (4).
- (2019) Perioperative infusion of glucagon-like peptide-1 prevents insulin resistance after surgical trauma in female pigs. Endocrinology. vol. 160 (12).
- (2019) Comparison of cytokine changes in three different lipoprotein apheresis systems in an ex vivo whole blood model. Journal of clinical apheresis.
- (2019) Tumor necrosis factor inhibitors are associated with reduced complement activation in spondylarthropathies: An observational study. PLOS ONE. vol. 14 (7).
- (2019) Selective and marked decrease of complement receptor C5aR2 in human thoracic aortic aneurysms: A dysregulation with potential inflammatory effects. Open heart. vol. 6.e001098 (2).
- (2019) Complement activation assessed by the plasma terminal complement complex and future risk of venous thromboembolism. Journal of Thrombosis and Haemostasis. vol. 17 (6).