Background and activities
ABOUT RESEARCH AND TEACHING
- Chronic disease epidemiology
- Life course epidemiology, intergenerational and family studies
- Modifyable factors for disease prevention, with particular focus on physical activity
Publications in PubMed
- Epidemiology, research methods, and statistics
- Physical activity and health
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2018) The epidemiology of mild traumatic brain injury: The Trondheim MTBI follow-up study. Scandinavian Journal of Trauma, Resuscitation and Emergency Medicine. vol. 26:34.
- (2018) Physical work exposure, chronic musculoskeletal pain and risk of insomnia: longitudinal data from the HUNT study, Norway. Occupational and Environmental Medicine.
- (2018) Psoriasis and cardiovascular disease risk factors: the HUNT Study, Norway. Journal of the European Academy of Dermatology and Venereology. vol. 32 (5).
- (2018) Adiposity, physical activity, and risk of hypertension: Prospective data from the population-based HUNT Study, Norway. Journal of Human Hypertension. vol. 32 (4).
- (2018) Serum 25-hydroxyvitamin D levels and risk of lung cancer and histologic types: a Mendelian randomization analysis of the HUNT study. European Respiratory Journal.
- (2018) The impact of high intensity interval training on disease activity and patient disease perception in patients with psoriatic arthritis: a randomized controlled trial. Arthritis care & research.
- (2018) Insomnia and risk of chronic musculoskeletal complaints: longitudinal data from the HUNT study, Norway. BMC Musculoskeletal Disorders. vol. 19:128.
- (2018) Risk classification of patients referred to secondary care for low back pain. BMC Musculoskeletal Disorders. vol. 19:166.
- (2017) Occupational and leisure-time physical activity and risk of disability pension: prospective data from the HUNT Study, Norway. Occupational and Environmental Medicine. vol. 75.
- (2017) The influence of multisite pain and psychological comorbidity on prognosis of chronic low back pain: longitudinal data from the Norwegian HUNT Study. BMJ Open. vol. 7 (5).
- (2017) Sleep positions and nocturnal body movements based on free-living accelerometer recordings: association with demographics, lifestyle, and insomnia symptoms. Nature and Science of Sleep. vol. 9.
- (2017) Objectively measured occupational and leisure-time physical activity: cross-sectional associations with sleep problems. Scandinavian Journal of Work, Environment and Health.
- (2017) Do physical activity and body mass index modify the association between chronic musculoskeletal pain and insomnia? Longitudinal data from the HUNT study, Norway. Journal of Sleep Research. vol. 27.
- (2017) Obesity, waist circumference, weight change, and risk of incident psoriasis: prospective data from the HUNT study. Journal of Investigative Dermatology. vol. 137 (12).
- (2017) Associations of serum 25-hydroxyvitamin D level with incidence of lung cancer and histologic types in Norwegian adults: a case-cohort analysis of the HUNT study. European Journal of Epidemiology. vol. 33 (1).
- (2017) Maternal Smoking in Pregnancy and Offspring Depression: A cross cohort and negative control study. Scientific Reports. vol. 7 (1).
- (2017) Adiposity, physical activity and risk of diabetes mellitus: Prospective data from the population-based HUNT study, Norway. BMJ Open. vol. 7 (1).
- (2016) Psychosocial work stress, leisure time physical exercise and the risk of chronic pain in the neck/shoulders: Longitudinal data from the Norwegian HUNT study. International Journal of Occupational Medicine and Environmental Health. vol. 29 (4).
- (2016) Familial Risk of Chronic Musculoskeletal Pain and the Importance of Physical Activity and Body Mass Index: Prospective Data from the HUNT Study, Norway. PLoS ONE. vol. 11 (4).
- (2016) Long-Term Changes in Musculoskeletal Pain Sites in the General Population: The HUNT Study. Journal of Pain. vol. 17 (11).