Background and activities
Tor Grande was appointed Vice Dean for Research at the Faculty of Natural Sciences on August 1, 2013. He is acting Department Head at Department of Materials Science and Engineering from Jaunary 1 2020.
He is a professor in Materials Chemstry/Science at the Department of Materials Science and Engineering, since 1997 and was associate professor at the Department of Inorganic Chemistry 1994-1997 (NTH/NTNU). He has been a visiting scientist at NIRIM(NIMS) in Japan and University of Rennes and been on sabbatical leave at Northwestern University and EPFL.
Tor Grande (born 1963) has an MSc in Chemistry from NTH (1987) and a PhD in Inorganic Chemistry from NTH (1992). He has taught a whole range of courses from fressman courses to PhD courses. He is author/co-author of about 270 publications in international journals with referee, about 50 conference proceedings, 6 patents and he is a co-athour of a textbook on thermodynamics of materials. He has been the supervisor for 40 master students, 28 PhD candidates and 13 post docs.
- Solid state chemistry/materials of ferroic materials and solid state ionics.
- Materials synthesis by aqueous chemistry and ceramic processing
- Thermodynamics of materials.
- Phase transitions and phase diagrams.
- Cation transport in oxides
- Deputy Head, Dep. Mater. Sci. Eng., 2002 - 2005
- Department Head, Dep. Mater. Sci. Eng. 2005-2009
- Board member, NTNU NanoLab, 2004 - 2009
- Board member, The Norwegian Research Centre for Solar Cell Technology, 2009 - 2011
- Board member, Faculty of Natural Sciences and Engineering, NTNU, 2009 -2013
- Board member, CerPoTech AS, 2009-2019 (chairman 2009-2017)
- Chairman of Electroceramics XII, Trondheim Norway, 2010.
- Board member, The VISTA foundation
- Member, The Committee for Gender Balance and Diversity in Research – Norway
- Board member, Research program BALANSE, Norwegian Research Council
- Board member, SINTEF
- Borad member iCSI - industrial Catalysis Science and Innovation
- Board member Center for Digital Life, Norway
- Norwegian Technical Science Research Council (NTNF), PhD scholarship, 1989 - 1992.
- Norwegian Technical Science Research Council (NTNF), Post doc scholarship, 1993.
- The Foundation of the Royal Norwegian Society of Sciences and Letters, Science Award, 1995.
- Japan Science and Technology Agency fellowship, Japan, 1996.
- Elected member, The Norwegian Academy of Technological Sciences, 1999.
- Elected member, The Royal Norwegian Society of Sciences and Letters, 2005.
- The Gender Equality Award at NTNU, 2009.
- Elected member, The Norwegian Academy of Sciences and Letters, 2011.